Chapter 18: A little work for a little reward.

Nika and Alena walked into the heavy snow and try to look for any civilization around. The blizzard started to pick up again and it was getting worse to the point that they barley see anything until Nika gave her some thermal vision goggles to help them see through. Just then Alena noticed a few heat sources that are close but noticed the heat sources are human children laying in the snow. There was about 3 of them laying down freezing and Alena and Nika didn't hesitate and pick up the children and tried to warm them up. One of them unfortunately have finger tips that are black colored.

"Shit! This one is having a frostbite already!" Nika Shouted as she put him inside her jacket to keep him Warm. Just then a few furry soldiers and ambushed them.

"Don't move!" One of them shouted.

Nika and Alena stayed still and a couple of furry soldiers took the human Children from them and escorted them to the cabin. They headed inside and they saw Natalya waiting for them.

"Soldiers take the children to the infirmary Ward and make sure they have the proper medical needs." Natalya commanded.

"Yes ma'am." The soldier said as he took the three kids to the medical ward.

"Sorry about that. It was a precaution and long time no see Nika."

"Hey Natalya, how is everything around here?" Nika asked.

"Doing fine but it's starting to get crowded since we have a lot of kids here. And a little low on supplies." Natalya said with concern.

"Why don't you call the F.F.A for help?" Alena asked.

"I wish but we don't have a strong signal to contact them and who are you?" Natalya asked.

" Captain Alena of the F.F.A. Trying to get back to my base but unfortunately I was left behind and can't contact them either. But I was wondering if you can take us back by your helicopter." Alena said.

"I would help you but, here's a deal, if you can help me get some parts from the abandoned factory North and fix my radio to expand so I can contact F.F.A to take you and the children here to safely. Do we have a deal?" Natalya asked.

Alena hesitated a little until she saw the unconscious child with the black fingers being put in the bed in the ward and decied to agree to the deal.

"Its a deal." She answers.

     "Good. Thank you. Follow me. We have a spare bedroom for you two to sleep in." Natalya said as she lead them upstairs. The room was empty but there was two beds for them to sleep on and a private bathroom. After Natalya left, Alena layed on the bed and instantly fell asleep since she was really tired that she fell sleep instantly. Nika then went in the bathroom to take a shower.

    During the night, Natalya kept remembering how hard it was when Dasha left her since they had an argument that she wanted to join the F.F.A years ago. It wasn't easily to forget since Dasha said she will never stop till every human child of the world is saved and spared. Just then a 4 year old male child walked up to her and asked, "Auntie Natalya, may I have a glass of milk." 

    She smiled and carried him to the kitchen and pours some milk in a glass and gave it to him. The child drank down the cup and smiled.

"Thank you Auntie." Said the child

"Your welcome sweetie. I'll take you back to bed." Natalya said as she took him back to the children bedroom.

The next morning...

Alena and Nika headed through the deep snow to find the factory North. There was a few mutants that attacked them but they were no match.

"Sheesh, the snow is very deep here!" Alena said as she walked through.