Chapter 10: Julian's nightmare

During the night, Julian went to sleep in Alena's bed as he waited for her and her friends to return. He still thought about what he saw since it reminded him of his biological mom when she died by the gas of the nuke. Julian tries to shake it off and went to sleep.

In his dream, him and his biological mother live a small hometown that is still peaceful during the fighting and disagreements in the rest of the world. One day, they went into the market place to get some groceries for the week. Just then, red gas started to spread out of nowhere and every adult started to cough and spew out blood out of their nose and mouth. Julian noticed of seeing his mother collapsed on the ground bleeding out of her mouth. He tried to wake her up by rubbing on her shoulder.

"Mommy, mommy! Wake up! Mommy" Julian shouted.

Then see saw many children crying and screaming of seeing their parents fallen to their death and noticed the children are immune to the gas. Julian lay on his mother's body sobbing and kept waking her up until he sees that the city turned into a forest instantly and see his mom's body turned into skeletal remains. He screams by fear and runs off deeper into the forest. It was dark and scary as he wander around and sees an red door to an underground bunker. He got curious, opens the door and walks in. He was in a hallway and turned around noticed the door was gone and was trapped inside. He was scared and heard a voice.

"Walk down the hallway." Said the female voice

He did go and turned left and went into a room with the dead body of the furry soldier he saw in the morgue and noticed that the dead furry turned into a mutant and went at him. Julian screams and runs down the hallway further. The hallway was infinite and endless as he ran from the mutant that was chasing him. the doors were closing on him and was getting tired, He saw a red door in front of him and opens it. He closed it on the time before the mutant attacks.

Julian take a breather, and tries to calm down, he continued going down the hallway and notice it was starting to shrink. Julian started to craw through as it was getting smaller and smaller. He climbed out into a room and sees himself through a window sick and laying down in the cave. He saw Ashley picked him up in the cave before the window vanishes.

Just then the floor collapses under him and falls deeper and sees the red door again. He tries to open it but was stuck and turns around and sees outside light. As he walks out into the forest again and saw a couple of human terrorists killing an innocent Fox furry protecting a human child from them. The child was grabbed and got dragged away by the terrorists. Julian went to the furry and wanted to help him but died instantly.

Julian dropped a few tears and sees a pistol on the ground. Without hesitation, he picked it up and went after the terrorists and fired the gun and killed both of the evil humans. The child ran off as far as possible. Julian was terrified went he killed the two people for the first time. He dropped the gun and felt pain of emotion that he was a murderer. Just then, a red door appeared in front of and opened the door and went into a large room and noticed he was in a cell and the door vanished behind him. He saw Alena tied up and on her knees crying and tried to go through the bars to save her until he saw Perseus loading a pistol.

Julian begged and told him to not kill her but he laughed at him and just shot her in head. He screams and started crying of see Alena dead and bleeding out of her head. Just then Perseus went to Julian and aims his gun at his head. He smiled evilly and pulls the trigger.

BOOM!

      He finally woke up and screamed loudly. He started panting and tries to breath and looks around and knew it was only a dream.
Just then, Sindy ran in Alena's room since he heard his scream. She opened the door fast and saw Julian sitting up crying. She went to him and picked him up and tried to comfort him.

"Hey, hey, its okay. Shh..shhh. Did you have a nightmare?" She asked

   Julian nodded yes and started sobbing on her shoulder and kept saying, " I want my mommy... I want my momma to come home."

  Sindy sat on the bed and rocked him in her arms and sings a Lullaby and it helped Julian stop crying.

"I want my mom to come home." Said Julian.

"Don't worry sweetie, Alena will be home soon. Said Sindy

    Sindy stayed with Julian and slept with hi in her arms for the rest of the night. The next morning, Alena and her team finally made it back to the base with the intel that they found and 6 more human children that they rescued. Alena gave the files and the coordinates of Perseus whereabouts to Commander Nancy.

"Good thing you made it back alive Alena, but you should go be with Julian for a bit since he wanted you so badly." Said Nancy.

    Alena went to the children area and sees Julian scrunching up in a corner terrified and dropping tears for some reason.

"Julian?"

    He saw her coming and he runs to her and went to her without any hesitation. Alena noticed his tight grip hugging around that she knows how much he is attached to her as mother and son. She hugs back and helped him stop crying.

"It's okay sweetie, momma's here now."

    She then went and took Julian back to her room and Julain asked, "Mom what happens to people that don't wake up?"

  She was shocked and surprised that he asked that and said, "well because their soul leaves their body to a peaceful place after they pass away."

   "Well, I acticidentaly went into a room full of furry people laying down and doing nothing and I tried to wake one up." Said Julain

   Alena eyes widen and said, "well, you see, those people died, and they went to heaven to have a happier place and they aren't alive anymore."

  Julain started to understand what death is but still upset about the nightmare had this morning.

  Alena then puts him on her lap and breastfeeds Julian and it help him calm down since he's happy that Alena was home safe but the nightmare he had of seeing Alena getting shot by Perseus, it will haunt him for a while. But he knows it wasn't real and Alena is there as his official mother loving him.