Chapter 2: F.F.A

The F.F.A stands for Federal Furry Alliance. It's a Military army that is created by the government to capture and rescue human Children and to explore dangerous places, like destroyed cities and no man's lands, or abandoned facilities underground. they rounded up like 100 to 150 human children every two weeks.

They take them back to the base to make sure they were fed, have the proper medical attention and vaccines as well and healthy then sent them off to social services in the city to be adopted in the future. But some children don't make it during the rescue process, like some children died during transportation, some perish before they were found and some died by a lethal disease or Starvation or life threatening injuries that they had before they were rescued.

When a child dies, the furry soldiers put them in a body bag and take them to the children cemetery behind the base and give them a peaceful burial with a wooden cross as the headstone. After they bury a child, they headed to a huge Boulder at the center of the cemetery and carves the dead child's name on the boulder. They call the boulder, an angel rock of heaven and peace. The soldiers always had guilt in their heart when a child wasn't saved in time but they made sure not to make the same mistake again.

-------------
Alena was finishing up cleaning up the tables in the cafeteria after the human Children finished eating lunch while Sky was helping a few fur soldiers taking out the trash.

"Hey Alena have you seen Maple anywhere?" Sky asked.

"I think she's at her dorm for some alone time after what happened." Alena said

"She still thinks about Latamer?"

"Yeah she kept blaming herself after he died in the infrimary and she won't recover yet." Alena said with concern.

"That poor innocent child had Ebola, there was slim chance that anyone would recover from it. And Mapel had a loving heart to Latamer as her own." Sky explained.

Meanwhile...

Mapel was smoking a cigar and heavily drinking a bottle of whiskey while laying down on the bed. She still thinks about Latamer after he died three days ago in the infirmary in her arms. Four weeks earlier, They found him in a dead city and Alena, Sky and Mapel looked around to find more children hiding around the city and Mapel found him in a empty apartment building coughing up blood badly. After they headed back to the base, Mapel hurried and brought him to Dr. Kimberly in the infirmary.
______________________

Dr. Kimberly
(I don't own this image. Credit goes to the owner)

Age 25
Gender female
Race: Deer
________________________

"Latamer...." Mapel said as she finishes her whole bottle of whiskey. Just then, Alena knocks on the door.

"Come in!" Mapel shouted.

"Hey Mapel, I was wondering if you were okay." Ashley says as she comes in.

"Does it look like I'm fine?" Mapel asked as she got a little angry.

"Come on Mapel don't be like that. I know it really hurts you seeing him die in your arms three days ago."

"You don't fucking get it! I was responsible for that child's life and should've notice how bad his condition was earlier and done some action!" Mapel shouted in anger as she drops a few tears.

"Mapel. It's not your fault."

"HE DIED IN MY ARMS WHILE I WAS CUDDLING HIM IN OUR SLEEP!! DO YOU KNOW HOW PAINFUL IT IS IN MY HEART THAT HE DIED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO WRONG DURING THE NUKE?" Mapel screams in anger while crying.

"Um Mapel... its..."

"Get out!!" Mapel shouted as she threw her empty whiskey bottle on the wall.

Alena ran out and closed the door and dropped some tears and then heard her crying in her room. She decided to give her some alone time while she goes to the nursery to sees Sindy feeding some human newborns with some formula.

_______________

Sindy (I don't own this image

Sindy
(I don't own this image. credit to the owner)

Age 21
Gender: female
race: Snow fox

______________

"Hi Sindy."

"Oh hey Alena. Oh..... hang on." She said as she puts the newborn human in the crib. "What can I do for you?"

"Well I was wondering if I can uh help you with the human cubs. Since I got nothing else to do." Said Alena

"Oh sure. I bet you want to love on one. Isn't that right?" Sindy asked.

"You got me there."

Sindy laughed a little and gave Alena a human child. "Well go ahead while I changed someone's diaper." Sindy said as she continued working.

Alena sat down on the armchair while holding the tiny human baby in her arms. She softy started rocking the child and sang a lullaby to him and then decided to put it in the crib

    Meanwhile.... Sky went to the playroom to put the children to bed but has a hard time trying to catch some of them until a couple of Fur soldiers came and helped her out and put them to bed.

"Thank you. Whew..., some are a handful."

"Ah no problem." Said the male fur soldier as he leaves.

Sky started tucking them in one by one and turns of the lights and secures the door closed. She went to check on Alena at the nursery and saw her while sleeping on the armchair with the human baby in her arms. Sky tried not to laugh and decided to leave them alone and headed for some shut eye. At the children cemetery, Mapel went to Latamer's grave and places some flowers next to the wooden cross and squatted down and places her hand on his grave. She kept remembering how cute he was while she found him and dreamed of being a mother by adopting him but should've founded a way to save him from the Ebola sickness he had.