Chapter 5: Julian

Somewhere in the quarantine zone, a small human child was making a run for it. He was trying to escape from Perseus. He heard guns firing at him and ran into a forest and tries to hide. He heard some human terrorists looking around for him

"Where is that damn brat?" One of the terrorists said.

"I don't know..."

The child's name is Julian, we was founded by Perseus's men and knew how evil they are that he didn't take the chance to trust them, so he just ran off hoping to not get killed. After they were gone, Julian went into a cave and hid. He started coughing badly again since he has the blackplauge infection and really hungry. He hopes someone will save him in time.

Meanwhile...

Alena was setting up the sniper rifle out of the top floor window of an abandoned apartment building. Sky was looking at the terrorist base for Intel. She saw children locked up in outdoor cells and forcing to do work like plowering the vegetable gardens or assembling rifles with made her blood boil.

"These evil assholes don't care about Children at all, these human terrorists make them work." Sky said.

Alena finished setting up the rifle and tries to find Perseus. The furry soldiers stayed hidden in the forest and they were on standby to wait for the signal to attack the base and save the human Children.

       Alena found Perseus takling to one of his men but the human terrorist was barely blocking a clear shot to Perseus head. She takes a deep breath and measures the wind direction and speed. And pulls the trigger. The bullet hits the terrorist instead of Perseus.

     "God damn it!!" Alena shouted in frustration and signals the furry soldiers to attack the base. Perseus, grabs his rifle and hid as the furry soldiers started attacking the base. The human terrorists starting firing back and a few furries were shot down but hid into cover. Perseus sees a coyote furry coming at him. He had an idea and opens a cage and releases a caged mutant. The mutant ambushed the coyote soldier and bit him on the neck.

"AHHHH!" The soldier shouted.

      He mutation spreads into his body fast and mutated into a Mutant instantly. Perseus laughs when he noticed it was a success and gets away. The furries saw some mutants coming to attack them but they were able to to kill them all. They had the upper hand and killed some terrorists but the rest of them got away as cowards. They base was taken over, and the furries found human children crying in cells with bruises, severe starvation, and severe injuries. They broke open the cell doors and they started taking them to safety. A furry solder saw a child with a broken arm in the cell which shocked every one that it wasn't treated which made the furries real angry of  how evil Perseus and his terrorists really are, not even that they hate furies but neglecting and beating a human child was too far. They loaded up the children in the Jeeps and they raided the base before they set it on fire.
        After it was clear, Alena and her team looked around outside the base to hunt the remaining human terrorists and Perseus. Unfortunately they got away that they can't find them. As when they looked deeper, Alena heard someone crying and coughing in the cave.

"Did you guys hear that?"Alena asked.

"Yeah I can hear it too." Liz said.

"It's coming from that cave. We better find that child." Said Sky

         The four walked in the cave and turned on their flashlights. They kept hearing Julian's crying closer and Alena signals her team and went down a specific path. Just then Alena shines her light and see Julian sitting in a corner crying and coughing and she went to him and squatted at his level. Julian was terrified since he never saw a furry before and he got scared and scoots back even more from her.

           "Hey.. hey... its okay, I'm not going to hurt you. "Alena said as she offers a hug to him. Julian started to stop crying and went into her arms. Alena picks him up and tries comfort him and Liz felt emotional since she did saw the horror of the human children went through while she got captured by Perseus before she escaped. They left the cave and Julian fell asleep into her arms while she was carrying him while regrouping with the furry soldiers. Alena was angry at herself that she missed the shot and missed Perseus' head.         

Hours later.

        They made it back to F.F.A base with new supplies, 35 human children to care, 10 civilian furries in critical condition ,and blueprints to the bio weapons that the terrorists made. Dr Kimberly examines Julian and notice he was diagnosed by the Black Plague and knows what to do.

"Don't worry Alena, all he needs is an injection to cure him and some nutritional injections as well." Dr Kimberly said as she takes Julian's temperature.

       Julian was asleep and Dr. Kimberly injects the cure , and some nutritional injections in his left arm.

Three days later....

       Alena felt relieved that Julian was getting better and decides to take him and lets him sleep in her room since she started to have a mother loving feeling and feels sympathy for him.

      Alena swears to find Perseus someday and will kill him in the most horrible way since it was personal of seeing the abused human children in the infirmary ward and the captured furries that almost died by tourture as well.

Perseus will get what he deserves.