Chapter 7: A day in the city (Part 2)

The four sat down at the table and wondered if Mapel is going to show up. Alena did call her earlier and left her a voice mail but no response yet from her.

"Any word from Mapel?" Liz asked.

"No nothing yet, I hope she's not drunk already." Said Alena.

"Mommy, why is she always sad?" Julian asked

     Alena don't know how to say it to him since he doesn't understand what death is yet but says, "Well Julian, she loved a human child like you, when she found him lost in a destroyed city and he was very ill and lets just say he didn't recover."

"What happened to him?" Julian asked

"Well umm... he was sent to heaven, a place where humans and furries go to after they pass." Sky answers.

"A place that there is happiness, harmony, and no pain and everyone perfectly gets along." Liz said. 

"Oh" Julian said but he still doesn't fully understand it.

       They hear Mapel walking inside and came and sat down with them.

"Where have you been?" Alena asked.

"Just um looking around the city." Mapel answers

"You weren't at a bar were you?" Sky asked.

"No! I just um helped.... I just was clearing my head for a bit." Mapel says.

"Helping? We're you helping some children around the city?" Alena asked.

"Yeah so? I just saw a child crying and lost that I had to find his guardian. I just don't want to make the same mistake again after what happened." Mapel said as she looked down.

"Hey it wasn't your fault. You did your best of being a mother to Latamer." Sky said as rubs her back

"But he died!" Mapel shouted.

"Calm down, you are causing a scene." Liz said.

"Shut it rookie!" Mapel said.

    Then everyone started looking at them and Mapel went to the women's restroom and started crying. Alena then got up and went to check on her.

"Whats her fucking problem against me? I was trying to help her." Said Liz.

"It's nothing against you Liz, She went through a lot." Sky said.

"Will she be okay?" Julian asked.

"Yeah sweetie she will be okay."  Sky says as she rubs his head.

        Just then their food finally arrives and Julian sees how good it was that he started eating it already since hes still a little skinny ever since he was found. Roxy and Luna giggle seeing Julian enjoying the good beef and broccoli with lo-mein noodles on his plate.

     Just then Alena and Mapel finally came back calm and they started eating this food silently. Mapel was calm now but didn't want to talk right and just eats what's on her plate. After lunch, They went to the park for a bit and Alena bought Julian a chocolate ice cream for desert and he enjoyed the great sweet chocolate flavor. Sky and Liz started playing 1 on 1 basketball against each other. Sky had the upper hand since she was a little taller than Liz and she made great slam dunks. As for Mapel she just sat a bench and lights a cigar to calm her nerves.

Just then Julian came and sat next to her.

"Hey." He said.

"Oh hey, what is it squirt?" Mapel asked.

"Just wondering if you are okay." Julian said.

"I'm fine kiddo..."

     Julian then climbed on her lap which kinda made her became nervous. Julian wanted to help her and Mapel started to have a loving feeling again and hugs him. Julian hugs back and they both started to bond. Alena then noticed that Mapel hugging Julian and she smiled that she was opening up again.

     It was starting to get dark and they can't leave the city since there was a law that no one can can leave after 6:30pm. So they checked in a hotel to stay for the night. They went the room and Julian jumped on one of the beds. Then Alena jumped on the bed and started tickling him and he started laughing and she pulled into her arms and gave him kisses as well. Sky then sits next to Alena and grabs Julian and gave him some loving as well and Mapel just went to the bathroom for a shower and Liz started watching TV. During the night, Mapel and Liz shared a bed and already went to sleep. Sky was asleep on the couch. Julian was asleep on Alena's side while she was watching TV. She noticed on the news, that Perseus and the five remaining human terrorists are still at large and news showed a bio mutant attack at a different city but it was controlled but noticed that 12 furries turned into mutants and five children were in critical condition by being bit by the mutants but didn't turn. Alena got really angry about the attack that she will kill Perseus and the terrorists when she sees him.

      She turned the TV off and got comfortable and cuddles Julian to her chest and falls asleep.