Breathing (Jalex)

//request for @MorganPolsgrove

My breath was coming in short gasps, my hands shook, and I could barely walk straight. My parents had decided to take their long overdue honeymoon that week so I came home to an amply house and no one to talk to. I was home late because I had been stopped by bullies on my way home from my part time job. I ran my fingers through my hair and gripped it tightly as I felt myself begin to lose control. I sunk down to the floor, panic shooting through my system. "Shit shit shit shit shit shit!" I sobbed under my breath over and over again. Suddenly I knew who to call. My boyfriend Jack. My breathing was quick and shallow as I pulled out my phone and pressed call. Jack answered after the first ring. "Hey 'Lex!" He said, I could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Jack. I need h-help." I choked out, my whole body shaking. "Are you at home?" Jack asked, becoming serious.
"Y-yes." I replied. "Please come quick."
"Don't worry I'm running there." He said. In the background I heard his front door slam and his footsteps on the pavement. "I'm gonna have to hang up, Alex. I'll be there in a few minutes don't worry." Jack said urgently. Thankfully Jack only lived about two blocks away. I bit back a sob and clutched at my chest curled up in a ball against the cupboards. Then a few seconds later my front door opened and Jack's voice sounded from the entrance. "Alex where are you?" he said. Even though I couldn't see him I knew he was biting his lip. "Kitchen." I said in a shaky voice. Jack's footsteps came closer until he had reached the kitchen. "Oh 'Lex." He murmured, bounding to my side and wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me into his lap so my head was resting against his collar bone. "Ssh. It's going to be okay." He whispered, rubbing my back.

Jack sat there holding me and rubbing my back whispering sweet things until I had calmed down. Then he carried me to my room and placed me on my bed and tucked me. I was already wearing sweats so it didn't matter that I was still clothed. "You're going to be fine." Jack whispered, kissing my forehead. He went to stand up but I grabbed his shirt. "Don't leave." I said in a small voice. Jack half smiled and lay down next to me, pulling me against his chest, letting my face rest in the crook of his neck. "Don't worry Alex. I'm here." he mumbled into my hair before I dropped off to sleep.