Sunset Hill (Perrentes)

"Babe?" I said softly, peeking my head into the room I shared with my boyfriend of two years. Tony was lying on his side, his back away from me, earbuds in, his short hair messy. He was having a relapse. Every once in a while he'd slip back into a slight depression for a few days. No one knew why but I would always be there for him. I lay down by him and wrapped my arms around his waist, he turned over to he was facing me and he buried his face in my neck. I could tell that he knew that I knew what he was going through. I bent my neck to kiss his forehead softly. "I love you." I whispered, pulling him closer. "I love you to." He mumbled into my neck. We must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes it was almost dusk. I untangled myself from Tony and padded over to our closet where I searched for a small black box containing a lovely ring. When I found it I crawled back over to Tony. "Baby, wake up." I whispered, kissing him softly. He opened his huge brown doe eyes blinked tiredly. I kissed his full lips lightly and he gave me a weak half smile. "C'mon, let's go watch the sunset." I said, helping him off the bed. We put on our shoes and began walking up the cliff overlooking the ocean. When we got to the top I sat down and pulled him into my lap, wrapping my arms around his waist. A little while later, as the sun was sinking low in the horizon me and Tony stood up. I stood in front of him, lacing my fingers with his. "Tony I don't think I should be your boyfriend anymore." His face fell. Nice one Mike. You could have phrased that better, I mentally slapped myself before getting down on one knee. "I think I'd make a better husband. What do you say, Turtle? Will you marry me?" I said, holding out the ring. Tony's eyes went wide, he covered his mouth and shook his head yes. My face broke out in a smile and I stood up, cupping his adorable face in my hands, kissing him passionately. "I love you." He mumbled against my lips.
"I love you too." I replied, loving the feeling of his lips against mine.