28| School And Chaos (As Usual)

"I knew it was Kyle," Connor said.

"we don't know that, there are a lot of pretty boys who live downtown," I replied.

"oh you would know," he retorted.

"what are you talking about?!" I scoffed.

"nothing!" he groaned. "I know its Kyle."

"alright you two, enough bickering," Emi ordered.

We both sighed at the same time, and turned away from each other.

"are you two like a thing or what?" Aldo asked.

My cheeks warmed.

"no," Connor and I both said at the same time.

Matt smiled at Flora, she smiled back. What were these two up to??

"we'll confirm that later, what we need now is to deal with this monster," Emi said looking at Aldo, who scoffed at us.

"so, how is this going to work?" Matt asked.

We were currently standing in front of the school like the idiots we were.

"you just go to school," Emi told Aldo. "you know, sit in a classroom, nod to whatever the teacher is saying even though you have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and why you need to learn it. Then when the bell rings you go out to eat food. And then when the bell rings again you go into the classroom where you repeat. And then the bell rings again and you leave for home. Simple."

Aldo was baffled. "what the hell? This is what you people do five days a week?"

"basically." Emi nodded.

"not true, you have to actually listen to what the teacher is saying— " Emi cut me off by shaking her head at me. I sighed in defeat. "yeah, that's what most kids do."

"alright that doesn't sound so bad," Aldo muttered.

"yeah bro, let's go!" Matt slung an arm over Aldo's shoulder much to the latter's dismay. Matt was getting to comfy with Aldo, I was scared for him.

Period one for Aldo turned horrific quickly. Well not necessarily for him but for the rest of us around him. Mrs Carlos, the English teacher, made him take off his glasses and as soon as he did she screamed and ran out the door. That's when everyone turned to look at him and followed Mrs Carlos out the door screaming. He was sent to the principal's office where he was given a note that allowed him to wear his shades in class. Second period was better, no one screamed and ran out the door but Aldo did almost bash a kids face into the teacher's desk for asking him to quiet down when he was flirting with Samantha John beside him.

"You can't do that to kids," Emi scolded him.

"why not?!" he groaned. "in the real world, people will do worse to him."

"true, but school is not the real world. It's a place where they make kids feel special and like they deserve the world and they can achieve anything if they put their minds to."

"disgusting."

"I know right. But still don't bash people's heads into tables."

"fine."

These two were terrible people. But I was stuck with them.

Lunch was better. For the most part. He spat out all the food into the rubbish bin and threw a fit.

"what the hell? You people eat this crap every day!?"

"its gross but it's all we got to survive," Emi replied.