17| Meeting The Bad Guy

The plan was after the visit to RAS we go back to the zoo. But Emi was hungry and she made us go back to her place where she handed out instant noodles and made us ate.

Little did we know that her dad was home. He walked in when we were in the middle of eating. Emi's dad was a nice guy, at least nicer than her mom. He always had a smile on, like Emi. But if you asked who she looked like the most, I'd say neither. She had her dads dark skin, but her mom's asian facial features, her hair was a mixture of both, but her eyes were a glistening brown. She was like neither too, more like her granddad.

"Hey kid, " Mr Johnson said.

Emi swallowed down a fork full of noodles. "Dad, you're home? "

"Was feeling under the weather, " He sighed and filled himself a glass of water. He turned back to us and blinked as if he was just now seeing us. "Oh, uh, I see you have friends over. "

Emi smiled sheepishly. "Dad meet Matt, Connor and Flora. Breezy, Animal Boy and Flora, meet Dad"

I waved and Mr Johnson nodded. "What have you kids been up to? "

Emi shrugged."We're heading to the zoo—wait dad you've done research and all that right?"

Mr Johnson pouted. "I'm a biology professor, so yeah I've had my fair share of the field work. "

'Course Emi forgot that her dad was a biology professor. It wasn't supposed to be funny but I laughed into my noodles cup and it bubbled.

Emi leaned forward in her seat. "You wouldn't happen to know Samuel Nakikus, would you? "

"Uh, Samuel, Samuel, Nakikus? " His face brightened. "Oh yeah, Sammy boy  we went to uni together! "

We exchanged glances.

"You guys been keeping in touch? " Emi asked.

"He works at the zoo, we've met at reunions—why do you ask? "

"Does he ever mention his work? " Emi prompted.

"Uh, he's the cheif research officer. He was quite interested in mutations back in the day, a bit of a geek if I do say so myself. "

Emi rolled her eyes. I know what she wanted to say, you're a geek. "Anything more we need to know? "

"He's a bit of an oddball I guess. He once tried an experiment on his girlfriend, ack that did not end well. Liana Davis never forgave him. Oh and he has a soft spot for animals, no wonder he chose to work at the zoo—how much more information do you need? "

Emi grinned. "That's enough, perfect! "

Mr Johnson frowned. "You're doing that thing. "

"What thing? "

"That thing you do when you wanna do something that I don't like. "

Emi stood and pounded her fists against the table. "Drop your forks you ramen slurping dumb babies, we're going to the zoo! "

The zoo looked okay for being trampled by a dinosaur. The animals acted like crazy fans when I got near. I simply nodded and rubbed my temples as I passed. We made it to the admin block and stood to the side to prep Matt. We got him to wear a suit, and shoes, and we took away his unnecessary bracelets and gave him a haircut. He protested all the way but eventually he agreed.

"Tell them you're here to make an investment, " Connor instructed, as he massaged Matt's shoulders.

"Investment," Matt cleared his throat. "Why yes my good sir, I am the heir to Kearny Enterprise, and I would like to make an investment. " He sounded more British than he should've.