24|We Fly A Tiger To The Supermarket

Usually animals listen to me without even asking why, this tiger had a mind of her own, I mean that both figuratively and literally.

We skidded to a stop at the scene before us. Three old men cornered by a very wild and hungry tiger in an alley.

"Woah girl," I heaved.

The three men looked up at our arrival, well it wasn't exactly look, they didn't have eyes to look, or mouths or noses which made this situation even more bizarre. They were three faceless men.

"You kiddos better run, this lil girl here is hungry and she about to have us for lunch!" One of the old man said.

"Ray—ne can you tell our friend to not eat the kind old men," Matt mumbled as he casually slid closer to me when the tiger turned to glare at us.

"Sure thing." I gulped as I took careful steps towards the helpless men.

"Hey there girl, remember me, from that time with the swamp people..." I inched towards them, and took their place. She continued to snarl when I blocked her view.

"Get out of my way!" She growled.

I made sure to stand tall and confident or else y'know I'd be dead meat, literally. "You're hungry and scared, but you don't have to do this. Come with me."

Matt and I locked eyes. He nodded and I pursed my lips in reply.

"No! Let me be free!" She retorted.

"You're not free! This is a city. People are going to see you and let me tell you this, people aren't nice."

"Aye sweetie what are you doing?" One of the old men asked. I wasn't sure which.

"I'm talking to the tiger sir," I replied. "She understands, don't worry."

"Is she going to eat us?" He asked.

"I'm going to eat them," The tiger said.

I broke out in a cold sweat. "'Course not, haha. She says you guys have, um, nice"—my eyes contacted their shiny bald heads—"Haircuts."

"I'm going to crush their heads first." She drooled.

"She's not like those wild tigers, y'know in the wild, she's civilised." I nodded and forced a smile on my face.

"I'm a wild beast, girl. Get away from my prey before I make you my second course!"

"So not helping," I groaned.

"Okay Ray don't tell me what I think she might be saying." Matt gave a short and strained laugh.

I pressed my feet into the pavement, and readied myself for what was about to happen. The tiger and I locked eyes, and she wasn't going to let the gaze go without giving me a peice of her mind.

"Get away girl," She sneered, her body crouching to attack.

My chest rose and fell in one heavy swoop. "You're not going to hurt me." I could already feel my wound opening. They had stitched me up, with a lot of anesthesia involved, after that wore off it started to hurt like hell again. If this tiger took one hit at me, I couldn't promise anyone I could plug anything up. I knew she wasn't going to hurt me, but my mind betrayed me at the sight of her fierceness.

The old men shuffled behind me to run. I just knew they were trying to run. I held up a hand and they stood as still as I could tell. If I had let them run, I could only hope she didn't go after them.

Matt creeped up behind her. Thank goodness tigers didn't have 360 dergees of vision. Seconds or a whole minute passed of our stare down before I reacted. And I reacted quick. Mr Pow would be proud of my jumping skills, after his jumping practices that left everyone's thighs burning.