Poignant Memories

The Quartet rushed to the class as Hermione and Ron sat down to a seat, forcing Rose and Harry to sit together as well. Rose threw another death glare to Hermione before sitting down. 

Moody came in and spoke "Today we will be doing the Unforgivable Curses." 

With that Rose grabbed Harry hand and gulped. 

He wouldn't possibly... She was wrong. 

Moody brought a jar of spider- correction spiders.

Moody reached into the jar, caught one of the spiders, and held it in the palm of his hand so that they could all see it. He then pointed his wand at it and muttered, "Imperio!" Moody jerked his wand, and the spider rose onto two of its hind legs and went into what was unmistakably a tap dance. 

Everyone was laughing — everyone except Moody and Rose. 

Not realizing that she was in class, Rose growled. "Think it's funny, do you? You'd like it, would you, if he did it to you?" 

The laughter died away almost instantly.

 "Lestrange right? Hmm" Moody spoke before continuing "Total control. I could make it jump out of the window, drown itself..." 

Neville then told the Cruciatus Curse as Rose felt tears form in the corner of her eyes. Moody raised his wand again, pointed it at the spider, and muttered, "Crucio!" At once, the spider's legs bent in upon its body; it rolled over and began to twitch horribly, rocking from side to side.

Rose looked away and not realized she was squeezing Harry's hand. Harry turned to face her and saw Rose trying to blink away the tears about to fall. He squeezed her hand back as she slowly turned and cracked a weak smile and took her hand away. 

Moody stopped and then turned to Rose as he slammed the spider on the stack of her book. Rose gulped when she knew what was going to happen next. 

"Tell me, what is the last and most important Unforgivable Curse?" Rose took a deep breath in as a hot tear makes it way on her cheeks. 

"The Ki - Killing Cu - Curse." She spoke in a voice, she herself didn't recognize. "Avada Kedavra!" Moody roared. There was a flash of blinding green light and a rushing sound, as though a vast, invisible something was soaring through the air. Rose stood up and ran out of the class not responding to the calls by Harry, Ron and Hermione. 

She came outside and sat by the Black Lake - the only place that calms her down. She leaned on a tree and hugged her knees as some tears raced down her cheeks. Rose closed her eyes as the memories hit her heart with sharp knives.

The Memory 

"I am not coming eomma! Not this time" Little Rose pouted as Little Ellen pleaded to her mother as well. 

"Ok, Niff promise you will take good care of Coca?" Alexis asked. 

"I don't need no one to protect me!" Little Ellen spoke with a proud smile.

Alexis laughed and kissed their forehead and apparated. 

"Now tell me about this dragon that Charlie man grow?" Little Rose asked Ellen 

"You need to improve your English." Little Ellen casually sat down. 

"You too!" Little Rose sat beside her as Little Ellen ranted about the newly found species of Fireworm Queen Dragon. She was waving her hands here and there over proud with herself 

"I have a lot of name idea for the dragon like umm Ravu, Champion Of The Yellow or, or umm Orgass, Champion Of The Skies -" 

Suddenly Bellatrix burst open the door and looked wildly around. (Imagine she was not in Azkaban that time)