A True Prediction ? And Buckbeak's Execution

Draco was scared from me for a few days but unfortunately he soon returned to his normal self. Exams had started and I couldn't help think that they were really easy. It was the last day of the exams and it was Divination. I reached there to find everyone standing in a line. It was soon my turn. 

The tower room was hotter than ever before; the curtains were closed, the fire was alight, and the usual sickly scent made me cough as I stumbled through the clutter of chairs and table to where Professor Trelawney sat waiting for me before a large crystal ball. 

"Good day, my dear," she said softly. "If you would kindly gaze into the Orb... Take your time, now... then tell me what you see within it..." 

I bend down looking at it and was quite surprised when I actually saw something. "I... see a person flying...on a... a Hippogriff." I finished looking up to face her. Professor Trelawney sighed. "Well, dear, I think we'll leave it there... A little disappointing... but I'm sure you did your best." I raised my eyebrows for a second before going out of the classroom. On the way out I couldn't help thinking what I had seen. I felt a hand grip my wrist as I looked up to find Ron. "How did it go?" He asked looking terrified as he was because of the exams. "Well, say anything that first pops up in your mind. I saw...nothing. I just made up a story." I lied because I was still not sure what it meant. I had to wait for Harry, Ron and Hermione to come as well. 

After a few minutes we were walking down to Hagrid's while Harry was telling about what happened when he went for his exam. "I am not lying. Her voice went all hoarse -" "Her voice is already hoarse and husky" Ron interrupted. "Will you let him complete Ron?" I spoke looking at him for a few seconds before turning my gaze back to Harry. "I think we should first concentrate on Buckbeak and Hagrid." Hermione spoke as we reached his hut to find him caressing Buckbeak. 

We found Scabbers as well but I wasn't surprised a bit. I was just nervous that Hagrid will become a wretch after Buckbeak's execution. I whipped around to the sound of footsteps as Harry, Ron and Hermione followed. A group of men was walking down the distant castle steps. In front was Albus Dumbledore, his silver beard gleaming in the dying sun. Next to him trotted Cornelius Fudge. Behind them came the feeble old Committee member and the executioner, Macnair. As Hermione threw the cloak over us, we heard voices at the front of the cabin. Slowly, in a kind of horrified trance, we set off silently around Hagrid's house. 

As they reached the other side, the front door closed with a sharp snap. "Please, let's hurry," Hermione whispered. "I can't stand it, I can't bear it..." Scabbers was squealing wildly, but not loudly enough to cover up the sounds drifting from Hagrid's garden. There was a jumble of indistinct male voices, a silence, and then, without warning, the unmistakable swish and thud of an axe. I swayed on the spot. "They did it!" I whispered to Harry. "I'd - don't believe it - they did it!" My mind had gone blank with shock. The four of them stood transfixed with horror under the Invisibility Cloak. The very last rays of the setting sun were casting a bloody light over the long-shadowed grounds. 

Then, behind us, we heard a wild howling. Something was bounding toward them, quiet as a shadow — an enormous, pale-eyed, jet-black dog. I reached for my wand, but too late — the dog had made an enormous leap and the front paws hit me on the chest. I tried to keep my balance and saw the dog drag someone. I looked around to find my wand. I saw it and picking it up ran over to where I thought Ron was being dragged. 

I stopped in front of the Whomping Willow. I looked around frantically only to find no sign of Harry and Hermione. Where the hell have they gone? Darn it! 

I went forward only to be greeted by a branch which cut my arm slightly, causing it to bleed. "Seriously? Is this how you treat your guests?" I shouted taking a step back. Hang in there Ron. Just a few minutes. Realization hit me as I bend down and pressed upon a knot on the trunk. I looked back as the Willow stopped moving. Where in the freaking world are they?! Is it really the time to play Hide and Seek?! I suddenly saw shadows. I waved my arms around and started jumping. I could see Harry and Hermione swiftly making their way to the Willow. 

As soon as we were united, I slowly ascended the narrow tunnel to find myself in a very familiar room. Behind me Harry and Hermione came down as well. "It is the - the Shrieking Shack." I spoke looking at the room I had spent a whole night in. We all slowly made our way to all the room, looking for Ron. As Harry opened the knob of another door, I silently gasped and ran forward to see a magnificent four-poster bed with dusty hangings on which lay Crookshanks, purring loudly at the sight of them. On the floor beside him, clutching his leg, which stuck out at a strange angle, was Ron. 

We all dashed forward as Ron spoke up. "It's a trap." He whined before continuing. "It is not a dog but an Animagus. We all wheeled around. With a snap, the man in the shadows closed the door behind them. A mass of filthy, matted hair hung to his elbows. If his eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might have been a corpse. The waxy skin was stretched so tightly over the bones of his face, it looked like a skull. His yellow teeth were bared in a grin. I stare at the face, resisting the tears as I slowly speak up. "Si - Sirius? Is it you?" "Expelliarmus!" he croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them. My wands shot out of my hands as Hermione and Harry's wand followed, high in the air, and Sirius caught them. Then he took a step closer. "I see you remember me." He spoke again with his eyes fixed on me.