Rose's Confession

"They can't do that

"They can't do that." George continued to complain as they reached the common room. 

"I think an Ageing potion will do the trick." Fred said as Lee Jordan - their best friend agreed enthusiastically. 

"Bye, I am going to my dorm and I won't come out for one or two hours" Rose replied as Hermione eagerly nodded her head. She and Hermione turned away towards the stairs to the girls dormitories, but were stopped. 

"Wait - Rose!" Harry called. 

The two girls turned back around. 

"Yeah?" Rose grinned. 

"Can I talk to you?" Harry asked, ignoring Ron's raised brow. 

"Sure?" Rose said slightly nervous. 

"Come on, Ron" Hermione quickly pulled the sniggering away from her two friends and shoved him up the stairs, jogging up to the girls dormitories, herself. 

"What is it Harry?" Rose asked once Ron and Hermione were gone. 

"The Tournament..." Harry started. "If Fred and George figure out a way to enter for us - will you enter?" 

"It sounds interesting but I don't wanna get devoured by a death toll or get my skull cracked open by a mad banishree" Rose said firmly. 

"Ok...Alright..." Harry said with a relieved grin. "I was going to give a long speech if you said you were interested." 

 "Why?" Rose asked with a frown. 

"Oh - nothing. I was just making sure." Harry quickly said. 

"Making sure that...?" Rose waited for him to continue, but he didn't. 

"That I don't enter the Tournament? Do you care for me?" She asked with a challenging grin. 

Harry had to bite down his lip to contain his blush. 

 "I do" He replied quietly. "Am I wrong of caring?" 

It was Rose's turn to flush with color. She fell silent and stared at the floor.

Of course, she knew that he cared but for socially-awkward-Harry to admit it was a whole lot to take in. 

"Is the floor really beautiful or something." Harry asked with a slight smirk. 

"Awfully. I never realized how pretty these white tiles are." Rose joked. 

"I'll get going then, see you" Harry spoke with a smile and turned around with a small chuckle as Rose sprinted up to the fourth year girls dormitory. 

She pushed open the door and found Hermione sitting on her bed. Parvati and Lavender were still downstairs, so they had all the privacy. 

"What took you so long?" Hermione said with a small grin. Rose didn't reply. She threw herself onto her bed dramatically, earning a glare from Frostine and Crookshanks. She sighed happily and grinned into her pillow. 

"Oh, Hermione..." Rose muttered. 

"Yes? What is it?" Hermione came over and sat on Rose's bed, beside her. 

"I can't... anymore..." Rose shook her head and buried her face into the pillow. 

"Tell me about it - come on," Hermione looked at her girl best friend. 

Rose chuckled into her pillow and shook her head. 

"I tell you everything! It's only fair if you tell me everything, too!" Hermione pouted. 

"I... don't know how to." Rose muttered, not bringing her face up from her pillow. 

"You can start by... describing your feelings?" Hermione suggested. 

"IthinkIlikeHarry." 

"What is that? You're muffling." Hermione grinned mischievously. 

Rose groaned and emerged her face from her pillow. 

"I can't stop thinking about him." She said quietly, shaking her head. 

"Who?" Hermione smirked. 

"You know who" 

"I've always questioned your taste, Rose, but the Dark Lord?" 

"Shut up." Rose groaned, making Hermione laugh loudly. "You know what I mean!" 

"I know, I know, I was just joking." Hermione said with a smile."Sorry to break it to you, but I already knew you liked Harry." 

"No, no, I don't think you understand!" Rose shook her head, staring at the ceiling. "I don't like him - I like, like him." 

"In other words you fancy him." Hermione said. Rose grinned at the ceiling. "But Rose, You already told me that in our third year." 

 "But I... that was like, 'oh look, The Boy Who Lived - cute'. But now it's like... 'oh wow, I love him-" 

"YOU LOVE HIM?" Hermione bellowed. 

Rose jumped violently and fell from her bed with a loud grunt. 

"Oww, Hermione, my ears!" Rose fussed, getting up from the ground. 

"Rose, you love him!" Hermione said excitedly. 

"What are you, deaf?" Rose said with an eye roll, sitting back onto her bed. 

"And you're not denying it-" 

"Look, I don't know, ok?" Rose said loudly in frustration. 

"He probably likes me and cares for me as a friend, and he probably fancy that Chocomilk from Ravenclaw-" 

"Woah, go slow," Hermione put a hand on Rose's knee. "You're wrong on that Miss Rose." 

"Hermione, have you see how he blushes every time Chocomilk walks past?" Rose said quietly. 

"No, I haven't besides the point-" Suddenly, the door of their dormitory was pushed open. The giggling Parvati and Lavender entered, and slumped on their beds. 

Hermione mouthed 'this isn't over!' from her bed, causing Rose to roll her eyes again. 'It is!' Rose mouthed back. 

What a day... What a stupid move. WHY did she let her feelings take over like that? She just admitted her feelings for Harry and her jealously for Chocomi- Cho like that. Whatever was going to happen this year, it wasn't going to be good.