Chapter 36

Glenn

I swallowed my anger when it was a fire seed and so it grew in my belly until it came out as hot as ever. I slammed open my father's room door and Zeejabel pretended to fall out of bed, she stretches her arms, yawning and I gave her an hostile glare.

"I am sick of this shit!"

She gasp.

This woman knew how to really unleash my rage. The day after my engagement, it's like the gates of hell was opened and Zeejabel sat on top of my head with horns, beating it with a pitch fork.

She ties the front of her robe, looking calm as ever then suddenly storms at me. I caught her arms and she barks at my face but lets out a strangled cry. I'm barely pinning her and she's behaving so wild.

Her knuckles whiten as she tried biting my arm, the muscles in my face became rigid and she gave me a pathetic smile.

"My mother's necklace does not belong to you," my eyes darken, "You will never have it."

She whips her nails across my face, leaving a small amount of blood behind.

Her voice grew louder.

"I am your new mother, the fake one is dead. It's only right that I get it."

This woman seems to have lost a screw somewhere. Serenity told me what my father and this wench talked about and what really hurts is that he agreed with her.

Chiasu told me that my mother was poisoned and whoever killed her, will never have rest until they confess their evil. She always made others laugh no matter how they felt and her support to the family was exceptional.

I gritted my teeth and jerked her closer to my face.

"Enough of that nonsense, you do know that Serenity is my fiancé right? I don't give a damn who you are,"

I let her go and she spits at my feet.

"If you ever try to hurt her, I'll get your bony ass out of this house, faster than when you came."

Now she was close to screaming.

"YOU WILL FAIL --"

Her sentence was cut off by the sound of footsteps, she straightens her clothes and began walking to the window.

She reached up to pull the curtains apart and spins around with a biting remark, "I'll deal with you later."

"Yeah, keep thinking that."

I left the room without care, she will not stay under this roof. The air has become foul with her around and my father was foolish to allow a woman like that into his life.

Our family was falling to the dust and he doesn't even realize that. As long as she's here, the evil remains.

Serenity was out shopping with Chiasu, they wanted me to tag along but that's not really my thing. As girls, they'll both have more fun without a man in the midst.

I went back to my room and removed my laptop to check some documents, what do you know, my email was blowing up. There were a few messages from Vixan and one from an unknown sender, there isn't a name or an email attached the file which was a bit strange.  

Whoever encrypted this, must be a hacker or something. Someone who was very adept at using a computer system. I glide my finger over the touch pad to open the file but remained still.

What if it's a virus? That would be really bad, this was my business computer and I'd lose all my important documents and maybe have them phished.