28

Chapter Twenty Eight: Victim of Love

Manhattan, New York
May 8th
Beyoncé G. Knowles:

"That's it girl," I shut my laptop and tossed it on the bed away from me. I looked over at Megan who was smiling.

"We made it. Three more years to go," She smiled real wide.

"I'm so proud of you," I told her.

Through all of the mess that this freshman year of college had brought us, I was proud of Megan for being able to juggle it and her schooling at the same time. Sure I helped some, but if Megan didn't wanna do it, she wasn't going to. It just showed me that she was serious and this is something she really wanted.

"I'm proud of you too. You holding huge secrets and doing good in school, I know that's stressing you out," She looked at me, but I didn't say nothing back to her.

I didn't even get a chance to think of her, Solange barged in the room with her arms crossed. She pointed to me and curled her finger for me to follow. Why does she keep popping up everywhere? Damn witch.

I got up and followed her out. She kicked her foot up on the wall, crossing her arms and just looked at me.

"What?"

"What you mean what? You haven't been answering the phone for Mama or Daddy or me, and we already know that's not you. They told me to come and check on you and see what you had going on."

"There's nothing going on with me," I lied and she knew I was lying.

"You know damn well you can't lie to me Beyoncé. I wish you would stop trying to lie to me. It's very offensive."

"I'm just stressed out Solo."

"Must be that teacher you still fuckin'," She raised her eyebrows at me. Why was everybody on me about this woman? The more I try not to speak about her, the more people talk about her anyway. It was like I couldn't win.

We hadn't been in the same room since she basically accused me of fucking everybody on campus. I made sure her and the baby were okay, even in the middle of the night sometimes because I couldn't live with myself if something happened to them. I just couldn't wrap my head around it. I've had sex with her, Brielle, and Megan, and that was it. She was trying to paint me out to be this whore then was trying to manipulate her way out of being wrong. I could definitely be mad at her for that.

"It's not even like that."

"You didn't deny it though," She broke out into a smile so contagious, I couldn't help but smile back. "You know I'm not here to judge you sis, just get on your ass when you need it. What's going on?"

"She's four months pregnant. She's due sometime in October."

Her eyes got wide. "Bitch and you weren't gon' tell nobody?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Will you introduce her to Mama?"

I shrugged again. "How you think Mama gon' feel about an older woman getting pregnant by her 19-year-old? And you know what Daddy gon' say."