26

Chapter Twenty Six: Fuck The Summer Up

Manhattan, New York
April 6th
Beyoncé G. Knowles:

"You fucking knew! And you sat in my face acting like you didn't!" Onika grabbed a glass bowl from her cabinet. I thought she was about to sit it down, but it seemed like she'd gotten frustrated and threw it in my direction.

I ran off fast and looked at her like she was crazy. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Me?! I'm not the one with the problem! I don't see how you can sit in my face, smiling and laughing while knowing your best friend was fucking my husband."

I squinted at her. "You keep on calling him your husband. What happened to all that hot shit you were popping about divorce papers and separation? You did all that to get some?"

"No! I gave him the papers!" She was walking up on me until she was in my face. "I gave him the papers Beyoncé."

"I'm not doubting that you did, but you care too much not to feel some type of way for that man. That shit makes you look real phony to me."

"We were married for 13 years and I had just found out about him cheating on me and I just found out the woman he was in love with is your best friend—"

"None of that matters. You're in love with me," My voice cracked unexpectedly. It was selfish of me, I know, but I didn't want her to feel any kind of way about anything pertaining to Giovanni. When it came down to love and passion, I wanted there only to be me. I could feel a lump in my throat forming. I felt like I could cry. "If you're in love with me the way you say then you shouldn't even be this angry no matter who the girl was."

"You know that's not how it works. I loved him for more than a decade. Of course I'm going to feel a way."

"If that's the case, stop getting mad when Aditi comes up in the conversation."

She rolled her eyes. "It's not the same thing. You don't know that girl."

"You didn't really know Giovanni."

"Fuck you."

"And you still sticking up for him? You know what? I'm really done with you. Don't call me, don't text me, don't send me no messages, nothing. Just leave me alone," I turned to walk away from her, but I felt both of her hands on my wrist immediately.

"Stop. I didn't mean it. Please."

"Onika get off me. You don't feel about me the way I feel about you, and that shit is becoming obvious. You're addicted to sex and you lie about how you feel when we have sex. It's cool though. I told you this shit wasn't realistic anyway."

I tried to walk away again, but she removed her hands from my wrists and ran in front of me. She placed her hands on my stomach, looking up at me.

"Please don't leave baby. It's not like that, I promise."

She was becoming real crazy to me. She'd thrown a plate at me and now she won't let me leave. If I knew the woman was this confusing and insane, I don't think I would've pursued her.

"It is like that. You're only so mad about Megan because for some unexplainable reason, you still love somebody that would tear you down in a heartbeat. You do you though."