2

Chapter Two: Pretty Peruvian, Naughty Nepali

Manhattan, New York
August 10th
Onika T. Maraj:

The bedroom door opened to Giovanni, smiling at me when I rolled over to face him.

"You just made it home?" I asked him. I put my down my papers to give him my full attention.

"Yes," He pulled his shoes off and crawled into the bed beside me. "I had to come see my favorite girl," He kissed me all over my face, forcing a smile out of me.

I reached for his tie, pulling it off. Him rolling over on top of me made me pay attention and sit up. I handed his tie back.

"How was your lecture baby?"

"It went fine. As usual there was one who just couldn't seem to pay attention," I rolled my eyes. 

"You think it's easy to pay attention with a body like that front and center?" He went back to kissing me, trailing down to my neck.

"I'm speaking Giovanni," I said forcefully, and he stopped, holding his hands up.

"I'm sorry, I'm listening."

"Well I know they think this is going to be a regular film studies class, but by the time I asked them my Robin Hood questions, they were silent."

"As you knew they would be. Can't nobody get passed those questions."

"Not a good thing. I know it was their first day, but I want them to be able to think quickly on their feet, but also be able to think correctly."

"It's your job to teach them that baby. Like you said, it's their first day. Let them get comfortable before you ease them into those crazy teaching ways of yours."

"Alright baby."

"Alright. Can your man finally get some loving please? I missed you like crazy. Being out in Paris without you was like being in the land of love without my love. Come here," He pulled me on top of him, kissing me with no intention of stopping.

My mind was still on my students. Even with his lips showering me with sensual kisses, I couldn't take my mind off of how I was going to teach all 30 students with the same fair chance. I knew I was a great teacher, but these were grown adults, ranging from 18 to 35. I was younger than some of them. How would I get them to pay attention to me? How would I stimulate their minds and actually teach them something useful in the field they chose willingly?

I wasn't the type to go by class plans because I felt like they didn't do anything anyway. It was always the same, boring thing, and I hated that. Who wants to continue cycling around the same thing prior students have learned? It didn't make sense to me. That kind of repetition was the worst. 

Giovanni sighed with his hand holding my back, under my crop top. "What's wrong with you baby? Talk to me."

"I'm still thinking about my students. Some of them are older than I am."

"They still have to listen to you. They're your students. Sometimes I think you forget the power you hold. The moment you walk into a room, all eyes are on you. You open your mouth and there's even more power. Stop doubting yourself baby, you were granted this job for a reason," He held me closer to his body.