13

Chapter Thirteen: Make A Movie

Manhattan, New York
December 10th
Onika T. Maraj:

"I want you to calm down," Beyoncé whispered in my ear. She kissed me there as she slid in and out of me. "It's alright, I'm right here."

She held me tight. She was telling me everything was alright even though I felt low about my husband, again. She was making love to me for the second time.

Half sleep but just awake enough for me, she knew I needed her. It wasn't about her pleasure anymore. She was doing it all for me.

Comfortable silence fell around us, the only noises being heard were the TV and our skin against one another. I intertwined our fingers. I wanted to be as close to her as possible. I wanted all of her.

I didn't announce when I came and she didn't either, her seeds rushing into me like a river. She knew I didn't mind, as long as she was buried inside me until I had to face my reality again.

When the morning came, I wasn't in her arms anymore. She'd probably went to class. I got out of bed to shower and stayed there for longer than I should have. I was thinking.

I didn't know if I even had the right to feel as low as I did because in the same breath, I was letting someone else heal me. Things with my husband and his mistress seemed to be so deep that he was forgetting me on my birthday. Things with me and mine were so deep, I was glad he got out of the way to let her come claim my body again.

"Are you still in there?" I heard Beyoncé's voice.

I didn't even know she was here.

She pulled the curtain back and stared. She looked like she wanted to hop in with me. Instead, she closed it some so she was looking at only my face.

"Yes?" I asked her. She was still staring.

"How you feeling? You alright?" She asked.

I nodded. "Why aren't you on campus, in class?"

"I don't have any classes today. I get to be all up under you for a little bit longer."

"That's what you like? Being all up under me?"

"Yeah," She was smiling wide like a little kid. "You know that camera? We can put it to good use before I leave you."

"If we make it, I keep it."

"As long as we can watch it together."

I smirked at her and she closed the curtain. When I got out of the shower there was a Plan B pill sitting on the sink.

How considerate.

I downed it with sink water.

I left the bathroom, finding her in the living area, fidgeting with the camera. I had a feeling she hadn't touched the camera since it had been assigned to her, meaning she hadn't started or completed her work for my class. I couldn't blame her though, I had her all tied up here. I never wanted her to leave.

I sat beside her on the couch and took the camera from her. "Why haven't you touched this camera yet? Your film is due tomorrow."