"Open"
The Girl spoke in Parseltongue, a faint smirk tugging at her lips. The book clasp released and Amaris picked up the book and skimmed through the blanc but yellowing pages.

"I'll take it," she said cheerily

"Who are you?" The man said tensely. No young girl should be speaking Parseltongue, it just wasn't possible.

"No one important, sir" she replied.

Somehow, he doubted that.

"15 galleons, then, if that is all"

"Thank you" the girl chirped, dropping a small sack of coins on the counter before walking out of the shop, parselmouth diary in hand.

-

On the way back out of Knockturn, Amaris was grabbed by the arm. She stopped in her tracks, half expecting an angry Lucius Malfoy to be there when she turned around, but instead she came face to face with a snarling man bearing his decaying teeth. Amaris stiffened at the réalisation he was a werewolf. not the chocolate addicted, literature obsessed type of werewolf like Remus; but the mange-ridden children eating monster.
"Get away from me, mutt"
She snapped, attempting to rip her arm out of its grasp. she was not going to let herself be turned by this overgrown dog.
Before she even had the chance to do anything more, the werewolf was being thrown into the nearby brick wall with such a force it was knocked out cold.

Amaris gaped in open shock as a man stepped away from the werewolf, dusting off his hands. "God, I hate those things," the stranger said, turning to look at Amaris.

"You okay there?"
The man asked. His voice was silky and alluring, like a sirens song.

He was extremely handsome with smooth pale skin and long wavy black hair, he couldn't have been any older than 21, Amaris thought.

"I could have handled it" she ground out, feeling stupid that someone had helped her.

"Yeah, I'm sure a pretty little thing like you could have handled a fully grown werewolf the day before a full moon. No need to thank me"
He said sarcastically taking a step or two closer to Amaris.

She quirked her brow

The next thing the man knew, he was dangling upside down 10 feet from the ground, the Young girl standing below him with a cocky smirk and her arms crossed.

She lifted her magic and he dropped to the floor with a thwack.
he somehow didn't get injured but Amaris didn't dwell over it.

"You were saying?" She inquired, a smirk still playing at her plump lips.

He scowled at her from the floor, "yeah okay, okay! You could have handled it" he begrudging admitted.

She bent over and lent a hand to him offering to help him up. He accepted and when he grasped her smaller hand, she felt a wave of goosebumps spread up her arm. He was freezing. Once he was fully standing she let go of his hand and started up at him, he was much taller than her, she only stood at 5 feet, though she suspected that had been because of malnutrition. She had been 5'5 in her old life.

"What are you?" she asked. No human could be that cold.

Now it was his turn to smirk "tis not obvious?"

"I wouldn't have asked if it was, dickhead"

"Such sharp words coming from such a pretty lady," he said mockingly

"I'm twelve you nonce, answer the question"

He chuckled "asking what I am before even asking for my name, how very impolite"

She turned to walk off, not having time for a strangers bullshit, but he answered before she took a step forward.

"A vampire, and the names Rhydian, if you're curious" his sentence got quieter towards the end, Amaris mused that it sounded like he was shy.

turning back to face him, a curious glint in her eyes she said
"A vampire? Like a 'blah blah blah, I want to suck your blood' kind of vampire?!"

"I do not say 'blah blah blah'" he said incredulously.

"You just said it" she retorted

"Wha-?But that only because yo- nevermind" he sighed

She giggled at his frustration
" well mister Rhydian, it was nice meeting you and your vampiric self but I have places to be, dark lords to stop and evil diaries to write in.
thanks for helping me with the wolfman, though I definitely did. Not. Need. Help."
She spat out the last few words with a serious tone, looking him straight in the eyes before returning to her bubbly smile and waving goodbye, skipping in the direction back out of the alley.

"You're not going to tell me your name?"
He called after her.

She turned back to look at him before shouting back

"Amaris Potter"

Unedited