Chapter 33

Glenn

I was patiently waiting for Serenity outside the house, dressed in sharp cut St. Laurent suit with a well-fitted waist and a thin lapel jacket. This was a date that I've been planning for awhile ever since I got here and it took me so much courage to ask her.

I'm less nervous, now that she accepted. I thanked God for her.

Of all the companions the universe could have sent, I am forever in gratitude that it was Serenity. For in her company, in the strong emotional warmth and intelligence, I became a version of myself that I had given up as lost.

I smiled to myself, I have lived long enough to know that what we share .. I can't replicate with another, there's no reason to because this feeling, is one that only she can stir within me. 

The sunlight glazes over my forehead when the flora scented air, courses through the yellow autumn - like leaves above and a sweet rush of nostalgia flooded my senses.

I keep falling in love with her and each time is harder than the last. Every time the feeling gets deeper, more complete, more bewitching. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do to keep her safe.

She should never, ever think that she has to ask for my affection. I give that freely, selflessly.

Aurelius skips over to me, hugging his pet hamster. He stands there gawking at me, with wide eyes.

"What is it?"

He marches around me like some colonel, inspecting my clothing with a finger on his chin.

"You look good! Like really good, you got a date?"

I crossed my arms, slightly relaxing the muscles in my shoulders.

"That's none of your business tiny little brother, now continue along."

He wanted to explode since his face was getting red.

"Who are you calling tiny!? I'm eight years old punk, if you EVER hurt Serenity," he growls clenching his fist, "I'll destroy your nutsack -- kiss having kids good bye!"

He spins then looks at me with an intimidating expression on his face.

"At least not with my loving Serenity, you can always use some bimbo."

A deep ache settled in my jaw and I hadn't realized that I was clenching my teeth.

"You little runt."

He's getting on my last nerve.

"Glenn, do not be so quick to anger. He is your little brother."

I crane my neck at the soothing voice to see Serenity.

She was wearing a splendid evening gown, a satiny Greek design with one strap and strass. It was a stunning attire that manifested an everlasting tenderness, created for honor.

What really made me emotional, was seeing my mother's necklace, nestled between her breasts.

Her long dark hair moved in a strawberry-scented cloud as she walks toward me. I loved the way she looked in high heels, those legs went on for days. She got a confident glow too, a radiance that wasn't so bright before she came into the light.

Beauty lies within the soul, not only was she so -- inside and out, she's tremendously beautiful in so many ways.

Even more when she understands responsibility towards family, ambitious and career oriented.

When she is beating the odds every month, she fights with herself in those tough five days.

And she doesn't wear makeup because she accepts her flaws and embraces them.