Everybody else's situations had worn my baby out so she had been with me all day, getting catered to.

It had been two weeks since we found out I was pregnant, and a week since finding out that I had been pregnant for four months. I knew I had to have conceived on my birthday. Those few nights attached me to her. It was our first time having emotional sex, I knew I was in love with her then.

In these last two weeks, Beyoncé had been 100% supportive even though it was clear I'd trapped her. I was sure this baby gave her a bit more security for our future. Sure we didn't really know much, but we knew we'd at least be glued to one another for eighteen more years. I was thrilled. I knew a baby didn't guarantee anything, but it wasn't even about that. I just wanted to have her baby, and I wanted to be the first one to do it.

"You gon' kill somebody if they touch me babe? For real?"

"You call me babe so much," I ran my fingernail down between her cleavage then slipped my hand inside her shirt, squeezing and caressing her breasts. "Are we together now?"

"You always wanna have hard conversations in bed."

"It shouldn't be hard, you just have to tell me yes."

"You know what I'm worried about Onika."

"I think we should move."

"Again?"

What was holding her back? I was truly ready to leave Manhattan and every problem it had brought us, behind. I wanted her to leave Aditi behind for good, and I wanted to leave my husband's death behind me too. I wanted to start fresh and be able to go outside with her without having to worry about who would see us and run their mouths.

Maybe it was the years between us. She was only 19, which was still crazy to me. Someone so young had come into my life and done what my late husband couldn't and wouldn't do. Things had gotten so deep that I was ready and willing to have her child and do anything else she wanted. That wasn't even the kind of woman I was.

"I can't just up and leave everything."

"Everything meaning? It's not like you pay rent or bills. All you would have to do is attend a different school, where I don't teach because that's what's making this so difficult, right?"

"Yeah, but you're asking me to leave everybody here."

"Everybody like who?" I sat up, defensive. "You wanna stay here so you can be a hoe, that's what it is. I bet you fucked Megan too."

She didn't say anything.

My eyes widened. "Are you serious?!"

"Stop trying to find an excuse to get mad with me," She sat up too and I moved away from her, sitting at the end of the bed. "Don't start for real Onika."

"I can do what I wa—"

"We weren't together, we weren't even having sex. Relax," She rolled her eyes. "You really gotta stop acting like that. It was after I asked you if you loved me and you didn't say nothing so I just left you alone. It was just sex, it doesn't matter."

"Stop giving it to everybody and we wouldn't have a problem," I crossed my arms.

"I've had sex with three people in my whole life, stop tryna make me something I'm not, for real."

Oh.

Damn.

I crawled over to her and she looked away from me.

"Onika, no. You do this every time you get in trouble with me."

I just kept crawling until I reached her lap, pecking her lips, face, and jaw.

I knew I was in the wrong for this one, and maybe it was just my own insecurities. I just hated for her to be mad with me. I also didn't want her to stay here and let someone come in and do what I had done. I didn't want anybody else to make her lose control the way I did so she wasn't able to regulate her sexual frustration, her emotions, and thoughts. All of that was reserved for me.

"I know exactly what you're about to say. It's not gonna work this time. Stop getting mad at me for insecurities you have."

"I'm sorry," I kissed her ear and grabbed her face gently, turning her to me. I pleaded with my eyes, successfully scooting up into her lap, wrapping my legs around her waist. "I just don't wanna have to worry about anything."

She turned her nose up. "What would you have to worry about? You have this perception of who I give my body to that you came up with in your head. I never gave you a reason to be coming at me and treating me like I carry myself like some hoe. Come on now."

I nodded, agreeing. "You're right. I'm sorry."

She was just staring at me, trying not to smile. She looked away from me again. "You not listening to me talk at all."

"I am listening. I messed up. I did paint you out to be fucking everybody, and I said I'm sorry."

"Stop accusing me of shit just because you have some insecurities that you haven't gotten over yet, seriously. If we're gonna be together then you have to get over that. I'm not a cheater, I would never hurt you like that."

"I never said you were a cheater Beyoncé."

"I know, but you're acting like I am. We haven't even figured out our relationship yet. You love me, you're in love with me, but every time we have this relationship conversation, it goes left."

"We are together."

"Okay so trust me. It really sounds like you're projecting your shit onto me."

"And I'm sorry for that. I trust you, it's just so many women here that'll make you lose your mind."

"There are women everywhere. I'm not that kind of woman, I'm not that kind of person."

"Baby what else you want me to do? Can we let it go?"

"Now that you're wrong, you wanna let it go," She scoffed. "Alright."

_____________