"Meet me later?" he asked.

"Where?" she feels excited. Is he actually asking her to meet him? Is he really wanting to talk to her?

"In the courtyard," he says, a smirk on his lips and then his brow raised, "by that tree of yours, just before sunset"

She nods and he disappeared through the crowd of people.

The smallest of smiles forms on Vienna's lips as she looks down at her feet as she walks. She can't help but wonder why he wants to meet. Why he even wants to talk to her. Maybe she was just really good in bed or maybe he wants to get to know her.

Either way, all that matters is that he doesn't make her feel like she is drowning in the sea of loneliness, while everyone onshore is living, happily and loved.

"What was that about?" she feels a tight hand on her arm, turning her around and stopping her from walking.

It's Natalie, looking at her with an almost disgusted look.

Vienna suddenly realised that Natalie, pansy, Theo, Blaise and Draco were walking behind them and heard her conversation.

"We're not friends anymore," Vienna responds, "I don't have to tell you anything anymore. Besides, I don't know who you would go around telling my business to next"

"Cedric is bad news!" Natalie warns.

"I don't care," Vienna said as she attempted to walk away from the prying eyes of the others, watching their argument unfold.

"You should do" Natalie grabbed her arm and stopped her from walking.

"Let go of me—"

"No" Natalie raised her voice, "I am done watching you get hurt. Over and over again I have to watch and do nothing"

Vienna feels the anger heat up inside of her. Natalie is once again mentioning her father and personal life in front of people.

"There's nothing you can do" Vienna makes sure she speaks quietly.

"There is" Natalie responds, but she is still talking loud enough for them to hear, "I can tell them what he does and they can help you"

"Don't you dare" Vienna tries to walk away with Natalie but once again, she is stopped.

"What is she talking about?" questioned Theo.

"Nothing" Vienna answered quickly.

"It doesn't sound like nothing," Blaise said, a concerned look on his face.

"It is nothing!" Vienna answers quickly again, "Natalie is only being Dramatic." she tried to assure them but her voice is shaky.

Natalie grabs Vienna's shoulder and yanks her shirt to the side to reveal a scar from where her father once stabbed her in the shoulder, just under her collarbone. And bruises Vienna hadn't covered with make-up, "Does this look like nothing?"

Pansy gasps.

"Holy fuck—" said Blaise.

"What the fuck is that?" questions Theo.

Vienna looks over at them and sees their faces. Concerned. Worried. Angry? She pulls her shirt back over her shoulder. Unsure of what to do. Her eyes start to burn with tears, threatening to fall.

Draco with an unreadable look on his face. His jaw clenched and his body tense as he follows a lump in his throat.

"Is that a stab wound?" asked Blaise.

"Who did that?" questioned Pansy.

Vienna takes a step closer to Natalie, and whispers "You are dead to me" meaning every word that came from her lips. She meant it more than she ever thought she would.

She turned and walked away. Leaving them all stood there confused, with many questions.

"Nah, that's wrong" Natalie looks away from Vienna walking away, her heartbreaking, slightly regretting what she did. She looks over at Draco who has just spoken for the first time.

"You shouldn't have done that." he said, "you shouldn't expose someone like that, not when they clearly aren't ready to open up"

Did those words really just come from Draco's mouth. The careless Slytherin boy who cares about no one but himself. He wouldn't usually have said that but he was also speaking for himself. He wouldn't like his trauma to be exposed like that, with the prying eyes of people who wouldn't understand.

Be he understood.

He kept his secrets locked up, the secrets of his life he didn't want to open up about and now he realised that Vienna also has secrets locked away. Although hers have just been outed.

He puts the messy pieces together. The scars. The bruises. The mention of someone hitting her. Beating her? Natalie telling us about her father and her growing apart after the passing of her mother.

All the details fitting together.

It's her father who hurts her?

But he can't be sure.

He walks away from them, and in the direction where Vienna walked in. He wants to find her, talk to her.

But when he finds her...His mind changes.

___________________________________

sneak peeks will be on my Instagram
@ 90swh0r_3

Copyright © 90swh0r3