S2 Episode 11: The Last Hope

The four ninja were practicing with their newly returned powers as [M/n] meditated on a nearby rock, his Kitsune form surrounding him, wavering and flickering in the midday sun.

"Order up. Coconut cream pie. Served well done!" Kai whooped, using his sword to send a ball of fire, destroying the coconut projectile. Everyone groaned at his quip, before laughing, enjoying the power they thought they had lost forever. 

"It is good to have our powers back," Zane stated, smiling warmly before sparing a glance at [M/n] as the mentioned continues to meditate, the Kitsune surrounding him glowing a soft silver.

[M/n]'s P.O.V.

"Focus," Epiridium instructed, circling me as I gritted my teeth, trying to hold the form.

"I am," I hissed, feeling as the form flickered more violently.

"Not hard enough," Epiridium mused, as my form disappeared, again. "Again. This time, picture each of your tails appearing, one by one."

"Fine," I grumbled, closing my eyes once more. I imagined my tails slowly extending from my spine, one by one. I took a deep breath, feeling the power of the Kitsune surrounding me for the first time. The power curled through my bones, and rushed through my veins making me smile, giddily.

"Good," Epiridium praised, giving me a foxy smile. "Now, for the next step. Letting go, without losing your form."

"What the fuck does that mean?" I asked, releasing the form.

Epiridium have an exasperated sigh. "In battle, you won't be able to focus as well as you are now. You need to be able to summon your form without focusing to be able to fight."

"Okay. That makes sense," I muttered, closing my eyes to try again, though before I could, Wu pulled me from my state with a hand on my shoulder. Opening my eyes, I glanced to my side to see the old man watching me closely.

"Come, [M/n]," Wu stated, releasing my shoulder. With a sigh I followed him, leaving the other four behind as they continued to goof off. We found Lloyd standing beside Dr. Julien as the older worked on fixing the Falcon. 

"Every cog, every gear is important. If one piece is missing, or out of place, the invention won't work," Dr. Julien explained. Lloyd leaned closer to get a bettter look, paying very close attention to his words. Me and Wu quietly joined them. I moved behind Lloyd, loosely wrapping my arms around his waist, pressing my face between his shoulder blades. "Come now, little one. Time to fly." 

With a soft caw, the Falcon took to the sky, flying towards the other Ninja.

3rd P.O.V.

"It is like you, Ninja. You each serve very important roles, and are key parts to a magnificent fighting force," Wu added, watching as the Falcon flew in front of the Ninja.

 Cole spotted the Falcon, and sent a blast of Earth towards him, mistaking him for a coconut. "Eat dirt, scumbag!" 

 Zane was quick to react, using his ice to cancel out the attack. "That is not a coconut!"

"Nice reflexes," Cole praised, as the Falcon cawed, landing on Zane's arm. 

"Good to have you back, old friend," Zane stated, smiling softly at his friend.

"If we're all gears, what if I'm the gear that doesn't work? What if I don't do my part? What if I can't defeat my father?" Lloyd asked. [M/n] pulled away from Lloyd, only to move so that he was in front of Lloyd, gently cradling his face. He pressed his forehead against Lloyd's and softly hummed, comforting Lloyd through the bond.