S2 Episode 9: The Last Voyage

Zane and [M/N] stare into the distance where they can just see the outline of the Dark Island as Wu looks through a spyglass, trying to get a closer look at it. 

"Hmm, most peculiar. Yesterday there was just ocean, but now, there is an island," Zane stated, holding out his arm for the Falcon.

"The Dark Island, Zane. And what I find more peculiar is after Ninjago City was attacked by the Stone Army, today they have vanished," Wu pointed out, frowning as he turned to the two ninja.

"I have a feeling the Overlord has either returned or Garmadon is trying to revive him," [M/N] confessed, reaching up to fiddle with his necklace.

"Do you think Garmadon is really capable of that?" Zane asked, furrowing his brows.

"I do not know. But what's most important is we have to find out what is on that island," Wu stated, running his fingers through his beard.

"Perhaps my Falcon can have a look," Zane suggested, glancing at the Falcon who shrieked, and ruffled his feathers before taking off towards the Dark Island.

"Let's hope Garmadon is smart enough to stop the Overlord," [M/N] murmured, as the three of them headed back to the downed Bounty, where the others are all working on the destroyed engines. 

 The three got back just in time to watch Jay get splashed in the face with oil, groaning as he wiped it off. "Ugh, useless pile of junk."

"Oh, it's worse than I feared. The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain. Oh, sorry guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon," Nya stated, turning to the other three ninja working on the other engine.

"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks," Cole stated, wiping his face off.

"Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?" Jay questioned.

"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless," Kai groaned, burying his face into his hands before running them through his hair.

"We mustn't give up hope, Kai," Wu said.

"But the Stone Army is indestructible. You saw it. At best, all mine and [M/N]'s powers did was slow them down," Lloyd cried, his bright green eyes filled with hopelessness. 

"That's not entirely true. There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls," Misako stated, joining the ninja holding two scrolls in her hands. She leads them back inside so they can talk more. "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Silver and Green Ninja."

"We tried, and it didn't work. The Stone Warrior got right back up after both me and Lloyd hit it with everything we had," [M/N] snapped, arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes, but the two of you are stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Silver and Green can only be unlocked when their four protectors find their own pure Elemental powers," Misako said, unrolling the scroll to show the Green and Silver Ninja in front of a green dragon and a silver Nine–tailed Fox while four ninja wearing blue, white, red, and black pushed their powers into the two.

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asked, peering over Misako's shoulder to look at the scroll.

"Pffft, silly question. Of course we are. Haha, right?" Jay looked around at everyone for an answer but was ultimately ignored.

"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our Elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our Elemental powers without them," Zane explained.