S2 Episode 10: The Island of Darkness

"This whole island is swarming with Garmadon's indestructible Stone Army," Kai stated, coming down from the mini–hill as the others worked on disguising the Bounty.

"Ha! Good thing we're ninja and we know how to hide," Jay added, placing large palm leaves against the Bounty's hull. [M/n] snorted softly as he continued to dig around the Bounty with Zane.

"Who wants to hide when you can hide? I'm getting tired of having our heads buried in the sand. I wanna fight these guys," Cole grumbled, resting his shovel on his shoulder as he spoke.

"But Cole, they have no apparent weakness. It would be unwise to start a fight we cannot finish," Zane cautioned, pausing in his digging.

"That is why we must find the Temple of Light," Wu stated, emerging from the Bounty. With that, they all headed inside to the Bridge to see Misako about the Temple.

"The scrolls say there is a hidden temple on the island. If you find it, it will give the ninja pure Elemental powers, powers that can destroy the indestructible army," Misako began, unrolling a scroll for the ninja to see. 

"So you're saying we get to fight? Whoo–hoo! I've got happy feet!" Cole cheered, earning a hum of agreement from [M/n], who stood next to Lloyd, on the younger's right. 

"And you, my son, here it is written: 'For once the Green Ninja finds the instrument of peace, he will strike it and know the power of the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master,'" Misako told Lloyd, as she unrolled the second scroll that showed a picture of the Green Ninja surrounded by light.

"Ultimate Spinjitzu Master?" Lloyd questioned, staring at the scroll in amazement.

"It means you will be able to invoke the power of the Golden Dragon, an ancient fighting style only practiced by the First Spinjitzu Master," Misako explained, giving her son a soft smile before turning to [M/n]. "And [M/N], you will be able to use the Silver Aether of the Kitsune and Kovidar."

 The four ninja all stared at the two in shock and jealousy, as they smirked. "Hahaha, jealous?"

"Uh, wait a minute. This all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?" Kai asked, turning back to the scroll and Misako.

"The catch is, the Temple could be anywhere on the Island and all we have is this," Wu stated, holding up a beautiful golden medallion with three holes. Dr. Julien took it from Wu and began to examine it in amazement.

"A medallion. It's like a compass. When the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the Temple is hidden," Dr. Julien added, smiling as he faced the ninja.

"Uh, how'd you know that?" Jay asked. 

"Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time," Dr. Julien chuckled. "Adventure stories were my favorite."

"I always preferred myths and legends," [M/N] said, earning a nod from Dr. Julien. Before the two could continue talking about it, Zane started talking.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Zane questioned, taking the medallion, and turning to leave the other ninja, including [M/n] and Lloyd, following. 

"Not you, two," Wu stated, pressing a hand to both [M/n] and Lloyd's chest, stopping them in their tracks.

"Ah, seriously? Are we still doing this?" Lloyd complained, crossing his arms as [M/n] simply raised an eyebrow. 

"Wu is right. If you and [M/N] were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the Final Battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks," Misako said, resting a calming hand on Lloyd's shoulder as the boy sulked.