S2 Elysian

Elysian (adj.)

Beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect

pronunciation: el – 'E – zhan (el – ee – sian)
--------------------------------------------------------------

1st P.O.V.

 I hummed beneath my breath as I leaned back against the mast, watching the stars above. I fiddled with my necklace, remembering the events that had happened the day before; Lloyd had sacrificed his childhood to save us, and to destroy the Grundle. 

 "I'll swim and sail on savage seas,   With ne'er a fear of drowning,                   And gladly ride the waves of life,           If you would marry me,                           No scorching sun nor freezing cold,           Will stop me on my journey,                 If you will promise me your heart,               And love . . ." I paused to take a breath when a new voice joined in.

 ". . . And love me for eternity,                My dearest one, my darling dear,            Your mighty words astound me,             But I've no need for might deeds,  when I feel your arms around me," Lloyd sang, smiling proudly, before grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me up to my feet, and spinning me around.

 "But I would bring you rings of gold,     I'd even sing you poetry, (Oh, would you?")               
  And I would keep you from all harm,          If you would stay beside me." I laughed, as Lloyd picked me up and spun us around, before setting me back down to swing me around.

 "I have no use for rings of gold,                I care not for your poetry,                       I only want your hand to hold." 

 "I only want you near me."
 "To love and kiss to sweetly hold,            For the dancing and the dreaming,   Through all life's sorrows and delights,               
I'll keep your laugh inside me,             I'll swim and sail a savage seas,           With ne'er a fear of drowning,               I'd gladly ride the waves so white,         If you will marry me!" We laughed breathing hard, as I pressed my head to his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and rested his chin on my head, just like I had done so many times. 

 I sighed softly, rubbing his back as I listened to his heartbeat thud loudly in my ear. "I'm sorry."

 "For what?" Lloyd asked.

 I pulled back and gestured at him. "This. If I had been stronger or done something differently, maybe you'd still be a little kid who didn't have to fight his father anytime soon." 

 "[M/N] . . . [M/N] stop!" Lloyd ordered, grabbing me by the shoulders. I looked up at him, tears blurring my vision, shocking him. He pulled my close again, wrapping his arms tightly around me, keeping me close. "Stop. This isn't your fault. I chose to do this, so please don't blame yourself, and don't blame the others. You all tried but this is my destiny. Our destiny."

 "But–" "No." I grumbled unhappily at being interrupted but I relented and didn't try to say anything more on the subject. He grinned into my hair before playfully swinging me around, trying to make me laugh. 

 "How are feeling?" I asked, once he stopped swinging me around. "And don't lie to me . . . please."

 "Good . . . I think. I mean, it's–it's weird. One second I was a kid, the next an adult," Lloyd tried to explain. After a long pause, he spoke again. "Scared. I'm scared to fight my dad, and I'm terrified of what will happen if I can't face him. And–and what if I lose, what if he's to strong and I lose."

 "Oh, Liakáda," I breathed, pressing my forehead to his as he cried. "I'll be by your side the entire time, I promise. And so will the others. When the time comes to face your father, you won't be alone."

 He nodded, and moved to bury his head into my shoulder, as his own shook violently. He clung to me, like the child I knew he still was, crying his heart out as the fear and panic of the day before caught up to him. 

 After a while, I was able to convince him to head to bed with me. I dried his tears, and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead before guiding him down the halls of the Bounty to our shared room. He hesitated as he stood at his bed, before sending me a desperate look, not wanting to be alone. I smiled, nodding my head up at my bunk, giving him permission to share my bed for the night. He practically raced up into my bed, burying himself into my blankets and pillows as I followed after pulling my shirt off.

 With a grunt, I pulled myself into the bed. Lloyd immediately latched onto me, once I got comfortable, burying his face into my chest. With a hum, I began to run my fingers through his hair until the two of us fell asleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------
And here's my first special chapter. I will hopefully have more the majority being between the seasons. Thank you all for reading and I hope this makes up for the last chapter being late.