S2 Episode 1: Darkness Shall Rise

Four of the five Ninja were working on fixing a street sign, while one tried to activate his elemental power.

 "Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free," Cole stated, helping hold up the street sign as Kai stood off to the side, not helping whatsoever.

 Kai grunted as he tried to use his fire, only creating sparks. "Aargh. Ugh this is frustrating."

  The street sign tipped over as the Ninja payed attention to Kai's complaining. Cole and Jay yelped before helping [M/N] and Zane pull it back up, so Zane could fix it.

 "Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu but . . ." He grunted as he tried to use his fire again, but the only flame in sight was from Zane's blowtorch. "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tanks out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to stay."

 "No one ever said being a hero is easy," Zane reminded the red Ninja, as he pulled off his welding helmet. "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

 "Zane's right. Besides our elemental power doesn't come from our weapons it comes from within. Your powers were passed down from the FSM. Your weapon didn't make you the fire Ninja," [M/N] explained, stepping back after Zane finished, watching the sign carefully incase it decided it wanted to fall down again.

 "Yeah, well, it doesn't feel that way," Kai grumbled, crossing his arms in irritation.

 "Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help," Jay remembered, throwing an abandoned TV into a nearby trashcan.

 Nya pulled up in a motorbike with Wu in the sidecar. "And I have. I may have found us a place to live."

 "Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay asked, amazed at how efficient she was.

 "I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place. If you catch my drift," Nya explained, handing Jay a pamphlet.  

  The look on [M/N]'s face made Wu giggle, as the Ninja looked absolutely lost at what Nya had explained, err . . . tried to explain at least.

 "And where are you off to?" Jay questioned.

 "We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!" Wu shouted, obviously excited for the trip.

 "Ay ay, Sensei." Nya cried, pushing down her goggles before taking off.

 "Yee–haw!" Wu whooped, as they disappear down the road.

 Jay read the pamphlet out loud, so everyone could follow along. "Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen. Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our heads, we can start properly training Lloyd."

 "Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large," Cole added, facing them with a slightly worried look on his face.

 The began to head to Patty Keys workplace, that's listed at the bottom of the pamphlet.  About halfway there [M/N] makes a suggestion; "Hey, how 'bout I go get Lloyd from Ed and Edna, and we meet at this lady's place?"

 The ninja all looked at each nodding and making noises of agreement when Jay turns to him and says: "That works." 

 "Okay then, I'll see you all in a bit then," [M/N] said, letting out a loud whistle startling nearby pedestrians. Within seconds, they hear wing beats as Alpha flies down and lands beside the ninja, careful not to hit anyone.