S2 Episode 5: Child's Play

The Ninja were in the process of training Lloyd, who had decided to take a break and was now watching the kids below play soccer. [M/N] joined Lloyd and began to run his fingers through the youngers fluffy, golden locks. Lloyd leaned closer to [M/N], loving the feeling of the other messing with his hair, and gently massaging his scalp.

 "Lloyd? [M/N]? Lloyd! [M/N]! Concentrate!" Kai barked, making Lloyd sigh unhappily as him and [M/N] turned to face him and the other ninja. 

 "Now that the Bounty is back in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus. One more time," Zane stated.

 "Oh, but we've been training all day," Lloyd complained, crossing his arms.

 "It's all to get you ready to face your father. Now, in position," Cole ordered. Lloyd glanced back at [M/N] who was now leaning against the railing with his arms crossed over his chest. [M/N] nods, though the scowl on his face says he's not happy about making Lloyd fight again. 

  Lloyd sighed, before settling into position on the middle of the deck and yawning. "Whatever."

  Kai charges at Lloyd first aiming to punch him, but Lloyd punches first and knocks him back, yawning as he did so. Zane and Jay attacked next, coming at him from above. 

 "Ninja, go!" Lloyd shouted, using Spinjitzu to throw both Zane and Jay off to the side but he didn't notice Cole coming up from behind. [M/N] winces fiddling with his necklace as he watches Cole sidekick Lloyd and send the boy spinning through the air before landing flat on his face with dull 'thunk.' "Cole, what the fuck?!" 

 "That was fun. Are we done?" Lloyd asked, as [M/N] rushed over to help pull him up, and to check on him.

 "Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?" Jay questioned, as Lloyd began to walk past that with [M/N].

 "Well . . . the latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rouge Fritz Donnogan was surrounded by the imperial sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday," Lloyd cried, throwing his arms out in a mimicry of Jay. 

 "The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders. As the Green Ninja,you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things," Kai stated, shaking his head in disappointment.

 "He's not just the Green Ninja, he's also a kid who deserves to run around and play, read comics, and get sick from eating too much candy. You need to stop treating him like he's a soldier, and let him grow up," [M/N] snapped, as Lloyd walked back over to the railing as the playing kids faded into the distance. With a scoff, [M/N] headed over to Lloyd, and rested his hands on the younger shoulders, giving him a gentle squeeze. 

 "Guys, there's been a break–in at the Ninjago City Museum of History and the security cameras picked up you–know–who," Nya cried, rushing up from below deck.

 "Garmadon!" Cole growled.

 "We have to stop him before he uses the Mega–Weapon to start another one of the dilogical plots," Jay stated.

  Lloyd came up to them with [M/N] following, but with one look from Kai, he scowled. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't go and it's safer if I stay here and train."

  The other four nod, as Lloyd turned to [M/N] who flashed him a soft smile.  "I'll pick up that new edition of Starfarer for you, okay Aurum?" 

  They all hop into the Ultra Sonic Raider, ready to leave.  "We'll meet up at the Bounty as soon as we're done," Kai stated.

 "We'll be waiting for your safe return," Nya said,  as her and Lloyd both wave at the ninja as they leave, though [M/N] can tell he is still upset about being left behind.