Chapter 22

Please prepare the song: inside of love by nada surf. For later on in the chapter

Lizzie pov:

Whilst me and Rose were getting ready at our house Scar, Colin and Chris were at mclarens waiting to see who would this years costume contest.

Chris pov:

Today is Halloween. Me Scar and Colin were in our usual booth drinking beer awaiting on the results.

"So Chrissy tell us about this girl you've been talking to" Scar says

I hesitated slightly. It wasn't going too well and by that I mean we've completely broken up and I've had my eye on someone else and she just wasn't the one I guess.

"Uh yeah she's great she's amazing" "But enough about me I love your guys costumes"

Scarlett was wearing a complicated parrot costume and Colin was wearing a pirate costume with loads of details and dirt and stuff they looked good.

"Let me take a picture of you two"

Colin was close to the camera and Scar was on the bar so it looked like she was perched on his shoulder.

"We are so gonna win this year" Colin cheers

We sat back down and continued drinking for maybe half an hour

"Alright if I may have everyone's attention" Carl the owner of the bar starts

"The winners areee drumroll please"

Everyone starts drumming on their tables

"Scarlett the parrot and Colin as the gay pirate"

"YAAYYYYY" They both cheer

"Wait what?" realisation sets in for Colin "Gay pirate where did that come from?"

"Dude you're wearing eyeliner"

"Yeah ok"

Lizzie pov:

We were pretty much ready I would just like to prefice that this was very much Rose's idea and not mine but here are our costumes

(pretend there's no man bc yh, Rose is the deer and Lizzie is well the headlights)

"You look fucking amazing if I do say so myself" Rose says as she kisses my neck

"Ok you need to stop that otherwise we won't be leaving the house" I whisper

"That would be such a shame" Rose teases

"Mhm it would be and this is a very important day for you guys so we need to go. So get in the car"

"Yes Miss. Olsen" she says flirtatiously

"oh shut up and go get in the car" I say now flustered

She just laughs in response and we make our way back to the apartment

"I think we're the last ones here, also I bought you a sweater just in case"

"That's your sweater not mine" I point out

"Same thing either way you're gonna end up wearing it so let's go"

(just realised I forgot to point out the shaggarats are from how I met your mother basically like 40 year olds that used to be an a capella group in college and they reunite every year at these parties dont ask that's just what happens in the series)

Rose pov:

We head upstairs and I expect to just head up to the roof as usual but for some reason the party is happening in the apartment. Thank god I moved all the furniture out.

"Uh Scar why is the party in here?"

"Because its way too cold out outside right now"

"I guess that's fair but hey where's Chris?"

"Waiting on the roof for the slutty pumpkin"

"That's weird imma go talk to him. Stay safe love and stay with Scar I don't want anything to happen to you" I say to lizzie and kiss her on the cheek, grab a blanket then head up the fire escape.

( play inside of love by nada surf to get the vibe of the whole scene)

I see him sitting against a wall no blanket or anything

"Hey Chrissy I don't know if you've noticed but everyone's downstairs"

"We broke up" he says without looking up at me

I go and sit down next to him and pull the blanket over the both of us

"Why'd you break up?" I ask quietly

"She just wasn't the one. You know at school I didn't really play team sports, I mean I was forced into football by my dad because I was big and fast but other than that I hated basketball, I loved tennis it was just me out there I couldn't stand playing doubles. And it's just the same thing happening now, I want to find the person where we can act stupid together but I'm afraid I missed my chance with the perfect girl. The girl I would do anything for"

I waited a few seconds before responding

"Look Chris I'm honoured really I am but if you didn't know I am in fact gay"

"Not you, you idiot" he says putting his head on my shoulder

"I know I know just trying to lighten the mood. The perfect girl for you is out there. Hell maybe it's the slutty pumpkin maybe it's not, the point is the perfect woman is out there somewhere" I say pointing towards the city of New York

"Nah not here I've missed my chance with the best woman out there and its too late now"

"You really love her don't you?" I say knowing exactly who he's referring to

"I do. I love her with my whole heart"

Just then the person we're talking about comes up the ladder.

"What are we talking about here?" Scar asks

"Nothing absolutely nothing" I answer with a small smile on my face

She brought her own blanket and sat down next to Chris also laying her head on his shoulder. Lizzie comes up next and sits inbetween my legs also with her own blanket then Colin came up and sat next to me. I turned off lizzies headlights and for the next maybe hour or two we looked at the skyline and the night sky in general making a few jokes here and there. But mainly enjoying eachothers company.

I was thinking about Chris and maybe the reason he was always out and drinking and having sex with a different girl every night was to try and forget. I mean shit if I missed the opportunity to be with lizzie like I am I would regret it all and be out doing god knows what. And the fact that he has to see her with Colin and see her carrying his child. I would never be able to do it.

_________________________________________

Bit of a shorter chapter but it's a part 2 so idrc. This is more of an insight towards good old Chrissy and don't worry he will have a happy ending. Unlike some people anyways...

Also most if not all dramatic speeches like the one that was in this chapter are taken directly from the series bc why not

Any questions about the book here

Any random questions here

If you have any requests put them here

Make sure to eat and drink something

Have a good day/night