chapter fifty-nine

•SIX MONTHS LATER•

•SIX MONTHS LATER•

For the first time in six months we enter the United States again. Maya sat next to me in the car with the same sun glasses I had on. We even had on the same outfit. She wanted to match with me, which I had no problem with.

We both had on a turtleneck sweater since it was cooler than it was in Rio, black low rise jeans, and black combat boots. We both had our hair out. I had mine in an afro and she just had a half up half down style.

These last six months has been tougher than I ever thought it was going to be. I was basically taught how to fight all over. The first month was frustrating as fuck.

Going from always winning a fight to always loosing had a big impact on me because I never like to loose. I worked hard on my training. I still can't beat Lola though, but I don't think I ever will, which surprised me. For being over fifty she definitely can move like a teenager.

The upper side of the hard training is that my body has gotten in the best shape it has ever been in.

Maya and I definitely stick together like glue. I teach her gymnastics ever since she walked in on me doing a tumbling routine five months ago. We sleep in the same bed, we eat together, train together, and I help her with her studies.

I've kind of gotten used to being a mom now, but sometimes it still takes me by surprise.

I've learned to trust my mother a little. I'm still not all the way there and neither is she, but we trust each other enough.

I held Maya's hand as always as she looked out the window at times square. "Wow, Mommy look," She said and pointed at a man breathing out fire.

"I see baby." I say.

"We'll come here later. First we have to go to the house and get settled it." I say.

She looks out the window while I play with a necklace I had on.

We're here to bring down Annika and her operation. Lola says it's getting bad. More girls have been disappearing off the street without a trace and the Russian's are really the only ones who do sex trafficking.

Lola says I should be ready, but in all reality i'm nervous. Lola says we've held it off long enough and it's time to retaliate, but my nerves are everywhere.

I'm nervous about seeing my family and Lee. Maybe they think i'm still with Annika. I mean I disappeared before and everything was fine so do I really need to be nervous? Probably.

Suddenly the driver swerved and hit hard on the breaks. I put my arm over Maya's chest to stop her from lurching forward. Lola tightly grips the head rest and grits her teeth.

We suddenly drive back and then come to a halt. I look to see at least eight black suvs surrounding us.

"I thought you said no one knew where we were." I say through gritted teeth.