chapter one

I wake up from my alarm blaring in my ear

I wake up from my alarm blaring in my ear. I groan and try to turn it off with my eyes still closed. I hear it fall on the floor. The glass shattering. Aw shit.

I open my eyes and look around my still-dark room. I feel around for my phone, and once I grab it, I turn it on. The bright ass light made me instantly shut my eyes. I slowly reopened them and saw it was four in the morning.

I wince as I slowly get up. My body is still sore from training last night. When my feet hit the cold wooden floors, I shiver and retrieve my feet back. "I should get slippers and a rug," I mumble.

I turn on the lamp on my nightstand and fully get up. I stretch and walk over, turning on the ample light. I go over to my closet and get out some workout clothes. I go downstairs, fill up my water bottle, and open up the blinds.

The dark city of LA appeared before me. The view was beautiful. I always loved watching the city of LA from my penthouse windows. Rain pattered against the windows. The relaxing sound made me almost want to go back to sleep.

It was the middle of April, so the weather was warm but rainy. I've always loved April's weather; hence, it was the most beautiful time of the year, in my opinion. Flowers blooming, raining, vibrant colors appearing everywhere from flowers sprouting.

I dragged myself away from the window and went to the gym. Today, I was doing a full-body workout. Lord knows I won't be able to move after this.

I leave the gym and run up the steps to my room

I leave the gym and run up the steps to my room. I go into the bathroom and start up a shower. I strip from my sweaty clothes and throw them in the basket. I get a clean towel and wash cloth and hop into the shower.

After my fifteen-minute shower, I hop out and wrap the towel around my body. I go into my closet and start looking for an outfit to wear. I wear a white long-sleeved turtleneck, black pants, black converses, and a brown trench coat.

I leave my hair out in its usual afro and put on a couple of layers of necklaces, put on my rings, and do my makeup. I go downstairs and make chocolate chip pancakes, eggs, bacon, and green tea. After eating, I clean up my kitchen and living room. I grab my keys and head out for school.