chapter forty-six

I sat across from my parents and Lee's

I sat across from my parents and Lee's. I scoot over when Lee sat next to me. He rolled his eyes and mumbled something under his breath.

I crossed my arms and look down into my lap.

"The wedding will take place in a week."

My head shot up, before I could open my mouth dad started speaking. "With the sudden attack on you, we need to move quickly. The jeweler will be here shortly to let you pick out a ring." Dad said.

"There will be an engagement party tomorrow night." Ares said.

"questa è una fottuta stroncata." I mumble and get up. (This is fucking bullshit.)

"Look on the bright side, you'll be my bestie and sister now." Kai said with a smile. I glared at her and she put her hands up in surrender.

I leave the office and go downstairs.

"Hey honey, how are you?" Zia Rhea asked.

I put up a thumbs up and go into the kitchen. I watched as the kids opened up the freezer. Khalil shushed them and quietly got out the chocolate ice cream.

They all jumped when I came in and threw the ice cream back into the freezer and shut it. "Auntie Sage!" Jamir screamed with a sly smile.

I look at them weirdly. I go into the pantry and look for a small snack. Axil comes between my legs and points to peeps. "What are those?" He asked.

"Marshmallows and sugar." I mumble.

He gasped, "Can I try?" He asked.

"Don't tell your parents you got these from me." I say and pick up the package. All of my nephews come behind him and asks if they can try to.

I open the package and hand them one. I lick the surface off my fingers and put away the package. "Are they good?" I ask.

Axil did a little movement and gasped and but into it again. "They're going to be bouncing off the walls." I mumble.

"Can I have another one?"

I turn my head and see all of them having marshmallows around their face, their eyes wide as the clicked their tongue off the roof of their mouths.

"Do your parents ever give you sugar?" I ask. They all shook their heads no.

I shrugged and opened the package, "Go nuts kids." I say and hand them each two more.