chapter sixteen

"Can one of you go see if your sister is up?" Dad asked

This was the perfect opportunity to get her back from throwing water on me.

I wipe the sweat of my forehead. "Yeah I will." I say.

"Thanks," I nod my head.

I went outside in the back and went into the woods. I caught a mouse. I went back inside and went upstairs to Sage's room.

I quietly opened the door and saw her sleeping.

I put the mouse close to her face and shook her away with my hand.

I jumped up when I saw a rat in my face

I screamed and grabbed my gun. Marco laughed, "Marco get that the fuck away fr—" I screamed and started to run when he got closer to me.

He chased me downstairs.

"Marco get that the fuck away from me!" I shouted.

I screamed when I heard him close behind me. I ran into the kitchen and ran around Nonno.

"Marco! Stop!" I screamed.

He threw it at me. I screamed and jumped on a random person. I hid my face in their back, one of my legs were on their shoulder, the other wrapped around their torso.

I was holding on for dear life. "Fucking kill it!" I screamed.

I may be an assassin, but rats just creep me out.

"We got it Sage." I heard Liam say.

I peaked my eye open to see Ace holding down a glass on the floor with the mouse trapped in it.

"Are you going to get off of Lee now?" Dante asked.

"Oh." I mumble.

I get off of him, my eyes traveled down his bare chest, his abs glistening with sweat. He raised an eyebrow at me.

I clear my throat, "Uh, sorry." I say and scratch my head.

I turn towards Marco, "I should shoot you in you fucking knee cap." I grumble and punch him in the stomach.