chapter twenty-two

"Why do we have to go through these woods again?" Luca asked

"Because your bestie and Lee got attacked and most likely went off the cliff and had to go into a woods to find a cabin. Don't worry though, it's only a hour and fifteen minute walk." I say.

Jayden, Kayden, and Marco groan.

"Why couldn't their parents just come and get them?" Kayden asked.

"Because they have work, now come on." Dante said.

"How did they even end up together? Sage said she was going out." Marco asked.

"Because they went on a date duh." Luca said and rolled his eyes.

"And I wasn't informed?" Dante asked.

"Nope." I say and walk in front of him.

"We should be there in an hour if you guys put a pep in your steps." I say.

"Is this the cabin?" Andrea asked

"I sure hope so. Because my legs need a damn break." Luca said as he breathed heavily.

I knocked on the door and there was no answer. I twist the door but it was locked.

I take a bobby pin out my hair and pick the lock. "What if it's like a murder in there and you just picked his lock?" Luca asked.

"I've killed many people. I'm pretty sure I can kill him." I say and open the door.

They follow after me and we enter the cabin. We look around the place before going down to the hallway.

Javier opens up the door and a sleeping Sage and Lee appeared. "Welp it's definitely not a murder in here. Well a murder that we don't know." I say.

Luca trips on the rug and falls to the floor with a loud thud. Sage and Lee both pop up from their sleep. Once Sage sees us she groans.