chapter forty-eight

I take a glass of champagne off the passing waiters tray

I take a glass of champagne off the passing waiters tray. I throw my head back and try to drink the entire glass.

Lee took it from my lips, "I don't need you drunk." He mumbled.

I glare at him and snatch it back, "It's champagne. It'll take two bottles to get me drunk. I need to drink if i'm going to have to be by you all night."

I down the rest and put it on the tray and grab another full one. I slowly sip on this one, the fruity and bubbly liquid dancing on my tastebuds.

I need some real liquor.

Lee's hand wrapped around my waist, "Walk with me. We have to greet guest." He mumbled.

I fought the urge to punch him for touching me and walked with him. I noticed both of our families upstairs.

"Your entire family is here?" I whisper to him.

"Yes and they do not know about the arranged marriage so we really have to act like we're together." He stated without looking at me.

"If someone asked how I proposed say I proposed on a beach or some exotic island. I don't really give a fuck, just stick to the same story."

"Got it, fuck face." I say.

He glared down at me. I smiled and brought the champagne up to my lips and took a small sip.

"You should stop squinting your eyes. You'll get wrinkles." I say.

"Looks like yours are forming now." He replied.

"I will stab you." I grit out.

"I'll give you the knife sweetheart."

"Lee! How are you man?" A man asked and dabbed up Lee.

"All good, how have you been?" Lee asked and went in for a hug. They separate and let go, their fingers snapping in the process.

"Good, good." He turned towards me and extended his hand, "We've never met, but i'm Lovo. I work with your fathers and brothers, and now your fiancé." I shook his hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Lovo."

He smiled, "Good luck having this asshole for the rest of your life." He said and walked off.

"Even the people you work with think you're an asshole, so you can't even get offended when I say you're one." I say.

A couple comes up to us. It was a very much older man and a young woman around my age. She was covered in diamonds, her dress looking like it cost at least twenty thousand dollars.

She had a big rock on her finger, smaller than mine though.

The man spoke, "Lee Hernandez. It's good to see you alive." He said with a chuckle and shook Lee's hand.