chapter fifty-eight

I woke up to a stinging sensation on my cheek

I woke up to a stinging sensation on my cheek. My head whipped to the side from impact. My vision cleared and I look up at a girl i've never seen before who was staring down at me.

"Sage," She harshly whispered.

"Who the fuck even are you?" I ask.

She took my arm and put a watch around it. "Listen I don't have a lot of time so listen very closely. At exactly 11:38 you're going to take this key and as quietly as you can unlock the cell. Then you're going to make a right down the hallway and turn to your left. There will be a black door. That black door is they key to your escape. You run out the door as fast as you can and run through the gardens, there will be a black suv waiting for you to get out of here. You got it?"

I nod my head, "Repeat it back to me." She whispered. I repeat the entire thing back to her.

"Good. You only have four minutes to get out of here. The security system will only shut down for four minutes, so make it snappy." She got up off her knees and quietly went out the cell.

I look down at the watch. It was 10:47." I knee bounced as I looked at the time ticked away.

What if it's a test?

What if it's not?

What if they hurt Maya?

What if Lola got her out of here?

There little conversation pops into my mind. I noticed how comfortable Maya was around Lola. Maybe she finally found some common sense and the ability to take care of children.

If Lola got her out of here that probably means she's getting me out of here. I thought the bitch hated me and wouldn't do anything for me.

Maybe she had a change of heart.

I laughed. "Ain't no way she had a change of heart. She must need something from me." I mumble.

I get up off the mattress on the floor and practice running in place on my bad leg. I start doing stretches and practicing sprinting.

At 11:37 I get the key from under the mattress and bounce on my feet while I look at the time. Once it's hits 11:38 I put the key in the slot and quietly turn it.

The door opens and I take the key out and silently shut it. I follow her instructions and go to the back door.

I run to the door and turn the knob to the door and try to push it open, but it doesn't budge.

Maybe I have to pull it?

I pull it instead of pushing it and it opens.

Dumb bitch.

Shut up.

I run through the gardens and spot the suv. My leg felt like it was about to fall off, but I kept pushing forward until I reached the door. I pulled on the handle but it was locked. The locks made a sound and I pulled on the handle again and the door opened.