chapter thirty-four

I squat down as Dante spots me, his hands hovering beside me in case I can't stand up with the weight

I squat down as Dante spots me, his hands hovering beside me in case I can't stand up with the weight. I take a deep breath in, my legs slightly shaking from the heavy weights.

It had been a week and a half since I got stabbed. It was my first day back in the gym from being on bed rest. It was fucking hell.

Dante tapped my sides, "Up. Push it up Sage."

Sweat trickled down my face as I lifted two hundred and forty pounds. I let out a grunt as I slowly pushed up, gripping onto the metal bar.

I let out a loud breath as I stood straight up. "Again." He said and patted my sides.

I breathed in and squat back down, when I try to come up I get a charley horse. I drop the weight and drop to the floor. I let out a painful grunt as my legs lock up harder and shake.

"Jesus fucking christ." I grunt out painfully and shut my eyes tightly.

Dante laughed, "I told you not to go so hard the first day back."

"Fuck you."

I couldn't get off the floor for ten minutes. My legs still locked up like a bitch. I finally got up and walked stiffly out the gym.

My legs straight as I walked like a penguin. I went downstairs, "Why are you walking like that sissy?" Mj asked.

"She got a charley horse in her leg." Dante said.

He looked at me confused, "What's that?"

"A really shitty cramp." I say and get out a giant bag of frozen fruit. I sit down on the kitchen floor and put it on my legs.

Luna comes in following after Alina. Luna runs to me and sits in my lap.

"Hi baby girl," I say and kiss her forehead. She barked and licked my cheek.

"Your father is taking me to the girls house. I wanted to ask if you wanted to come." She said with a smile.

"Uh you can go without me. I have cramps in my legs." I say.

"Oh, okay. I hope your cramps get better." She said with a smile and left out the kitchen.

After sitting on the floor for a little bit I finally got up. I went upstairs and took a warm shower. I let my hair out in a afro and put on a white sun dress with sandals.

I got out my computer and started to answer some emails.