83. A new start.

~ Pov Harry ~ 

My eyes wander outside. Little snowflakes flutter down as we drive past them quickly. The music from the car echoes softly in the background when I close my eyes. The tapping against the window calms me down. My fingers caress the packages I'm holding in my hands. It will be New Year's in a few hours and of course I couldn't resist buying something for everyone.

"Harry?" I open my eyes when I hear my father say my name. "Hmm?" 

"We're here." I glance outside and see Louis's house decorated in so many lights that I'm almost blinded. I get out and follow my father to the door where he rings the bell. Soon Jay's smiling face appears and hugs us both. 

"Come in, come in!"

I take a few steps in the hallway and my eyes immediately fall on Louis who is at the top of the stairs. I can't help but smile. Without letting go of my gaze, he walks down each step. Until he's one step above me, so that he seems just a bit taller than me. He leans over the railing. My eyes are instantly drawn to his lips like one of the strongest magnets. It takes a lot of effort for me to push them up and let them drown in a sea of ​​blue. "You look good," I tell him. He glances briefly over himself, then shrugs as he casually walks past me. 

"I know."

As if a rope connects us, I follow him. Once in the living room he turns around and I bump into him. He grins when my hands touch his body. "Can't you control yourself?" My tongue rolls unconsciously over my lips. 

"I try, but you don't make it easy for me, Louis." He brings his lips closer and looks me straight in the eye. 

"Who said it would be easy?" Voices seem to get closer and we both take a few steps away from each other.

Louis disappears into the kitchen, but returns a moment later with some snacks and drinks that he presents to us. He puts a few trays on the table and sits down next to me on the couch. I raise my glass like the rest and clink with everyone present. I stop at Louis when he isn't looking at me. "Louis, you know what they say. Look into each other's eyes or else you'll get," I lower my voice, "seven years of bad sex. And that's not something we want, is it?" He looks at me with a grin. 

"Bad sex? With me? Impossible. And you should know that..." I look at him, my lips parting. I really can't deny that. 

"Are you drunk?" Louis laughs.

"No! Why would you think that?" 

"Because you behave differently." He shrugs. 

"I'm already working on my New Year's resolutions." 

"What are those then?" He bends over and brings his lips to my ear. 

"You'll find out..."

I let myself fall back and have a few sips before answering. "I look forward to it." Louis stares straight ahead as he continues talking. 

"Don't you have one?" 

"I didn't have one, but apparently I need one urgently." He stands up and tries to hide his smile. 

"If you come with me to the kitchen to help, I can give you some ideas." I clear my throat and smooth my suit as I get up and chase him. 

"you don't have to ask me that twice."

With a smile I close the door softly behind us, but when Louis roughly pushes me against it it makes a loud thump. My words are taken away by his lips which he presses against mine. My hands drop to his hips, but he takes them in one hand and forces me to hold them above my head. He bites my lower lip gently as he grabs my belt with his other hand. I moan. "Louis-" 

"What?" He lets go of my hand and lowers himself to his knees. He looks at me, his lips parted. 

"Maybe it's better if we don't do this here and now." He licks his lips and stands back up. His hand slides down the inside of my leg as he does this and his lips end dangerously close to mine. He opens his mouth, but is interrupted by the oven going off. He smiles. 

"Dinner's ready."

The evening goes by fairly quickly and is filled with eating, laughing, talking, hearing old stories about Louis that he's ashamed of and our parents slowly getting drunk. Jay almost drops her glass when she checks the time. "We have to go outside! It's almost twelve o'clock!" With a smile I get up and follow everyone outside where Jason's parents are already waiting for us to set off fireworks. With Louis by my side, I walk up to him and Mel and we give each other a quick hug.

I pull Mel closer to me. "How's the celebrating going with his parents?" She smiles. 

"Good. His parents are actually pretty cool. But let's talk about you, are you and Louis finally official?" I shake my head. 

"No, not yet. But it's going well and that's the most important thing. I don't want to rush anything and I want to give him all the time he needs."

"10, 9, 8, 7"

I look around me as we begin the countdown.

"6, 5, 4"

I feel a tap on my right shoulder and turn around. Louis brings his hand to my face and smiles.

"3, 2, 1"

I give him a smile back and kiss him gently.

"Happy New Year!"

Fireworks are set off, there is hugging, kissing, laughing...

It's a new beginning.

--------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry that it's been such a long time since I updated!

To be honest, my life completely changed the last month but in a good way :)

Anyways, I'm back! Thank you for staying patient with me, love y'all <3