60

"Tony no.. bad idea." Sandra protested, trying to stop Tony from driving. She ultimately failed once she realized distracting him could also get them killed. "Tony I have things to do.. this is taking me out of my way."

Tony laughed, looking over to her quickly. "Oh yeah? What's first, killing the cvs cashier after buying a terrible hair color?"

Sandra scoffed. "You listen to me Stark. You can have your shitty attitude with anyone you want, but when it comes to me I don't want to hear it!" She yelled at him. "God your just like him!"

"Like who?"

"Your father!" She yelled again. "This is why I'm not around anymore. I don't want anyones sympathy or snarky comments." Sandra grew quieter, looking down at her lap. "I just want my family back."

Tony frowned, looking over to Sandra. He wanted to yell at her right now for speaking to him like that, but she was mentally in a lot of pain. A pain no one would be able to fix except Bucky.

It sucked. After everything Sandra's been through, it all has just gone down hill. "How about I take you home.. to your actual house where you can be alone." He said, speaking calmly to her. "clean yourself up, take a long nap."

Sandra nodded, putting her head in her hands and thinking. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"It's alright."

- - -

After dropping Sandra at her house, Tony had waited about an hour before he called Steve. "Steve, hey." Tony said, hearing Steve answer the phone.

"Hey Tony." Steve said, "what's up?"

"I think you should go check Sandra's again.. I just- I have this feeling that someone is there."

"Tony I was just there yesterday.. and the day before. No one is there... and no one had been there for five years." Steve protested. "Besides, I don't think I can handle another disappointing trip."

Tony sighed. "Please just trust me, alright..?" He begged, something he never does.

"Fine, but I'm making you pay me back for my gas charges if she isn't there again."

- - -

Aside from being a strong girl, Sandra had always been extremely smart. So smart, that she was tied with Howard stark for years as the smartest current US citizen... which meant she had reasoning for everything she's done during the past five years.

Like, discovering time travel. She always believed in it, even back in the 40's. Howard thought she was delusional, reminding her constantly that it was too dangerous to even attempt it. But she had a lot of spare time, and she used it wisely as different formulas and combinations came to mind.

So there she stood, right in front of her FRIDAY system as she digitally put together the formulas she's found. "Come on come on." She whispered to the holographic screen in front of her as it processed the information.

"MODEL: FAILED" the system said, making Sandra sigh and sit down across from it.

She stared at the sequence she's made, reading over it multiple times to see what could've been causing the failure. "Maybe if I just.." she mumbled, inverting the sequence and running another test.

"MODEL: SUCCESS." The system spoke.

Sandra completely froze, staring at the work in shock. "H-holy.." she began, taking a few steps backwards until she felt herself hit into someone. "Oh I'm so-" she began, realizing she was alone just a second ago.

Immediately, Sandra took her gun out of her holster and spun around facing whoever she just bumped into. "Who are-" she started, lowering her gun once she recognized him.

"Is that really you?" He asked, putting his hands on her arms.

Sandra nodded, tears in her eyes. "Steve I'm sorry." She said, feeling Steve grab her in a hug.

He didn't respond to her, just giving his sister a hug after her being gone for five years. "Your an asshole you know. I spent my last five years searching for you." He said, finally letting go.

"Steve please.. not now." She said, holding her head and moving to the living room, placing herself on the couch.

"Not now?! Well then when Sandra? Huh?" He argued, following her. "You just left! You didn't even consider that I would be worried about you."

Sandra sighed, holding onto the closest pillow as if she were hugging it. "Steve I seriously am not mentally in the right place for an argument. A whole lot has happened within the past 10 minutes that I just need to process." She said, pointing to the sequence.

"But Sandra I don't want you to think that leaving here and running away is the smartest thing to do!" Steve said, still speaking loudly. "Just because Bucky's gone-"

Steve stopped speaking once he realized that Sandra had her face stuffed into the pillow she held. "I dont want to hear his name.." she mumbled, looking up and staring directly at her project.

"What is it?" Steve asked, also looking at it. He had never seen anything like this before, shocked his sister was actually that good at using technology to understand it.

Sandra kept her eyes on it, slowly moving them to look back at Steve.

"Our only hope."