30

To say everyone was sore was an understatement. Every one of the avengers that came on the mission felt like they couldn't even move by the time they returned to the compound

For Sandra, her shower was torturous. She hadn't realized how badly she was hurt until she looked in the mirror, or how many wounds she had until the shampoo hit them.

Bucky was sitting outside her bathroom door the entire time, getting worried each time she yelped in pain. He was relieved when the door opened and Sandra limped over to him.

"Buck you didn't have to wait." She said, putting her arms around his waist.

"Your joking. It sounded like someone was beating you up in there, Sandy." Bucky said, using his right hand to hold her face. "I promised to keep you safe."

Sandra smiled and leaned closer into Bucky's arms, resting her head on his chest. "Thank you." She whispered.

Bucky looked down confused. "For what?" He asked.

"I heard what Brandon said... a-about me without a shirt." She said in a quieter tone.

Both of them stood silent, a gentle look falling onto Bucky's face. He could see the few tears forming in Sandra's eyes, seeing one of them slip down her cheek.

"I hate to interrupt Sergeant Barnes and Miss Rogers, but there is a group of reporters waiting for you downstairs Miss Rogers." Friday's voice sounded, scaring Sandra half to death.

With a sigh, Sandra looked at the time and saw it was already late. She didn't want to deal with anyone for the rest of the night..? Week...? But mostly her life.

Bucky walked Sandra over to her bed and tucked her in, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "Friday, tell them she's busy. If they really want to talk to someone, I'll go down." Bucky said to the AI system.

"Mr Stark has began removing the reporters from the building, no one shall go down." Friday said, "good night Miss Rogers."

Sandra slowly nodded and looked around the room. "Goodnight?" She said, not knowing where exactly it was that she was speaking to.

Bucky laughed a little bit and stood at the end of the bed. "Do you want me to stay with you, or are you alright?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Sandra shrugged her shoulders and looked around. "I'm a big girl, I think I can handle one night." She said, trying to sound confident in her choice. "Yeah, I'll be ok."

"You know where to find me." Bucky said, coming back over and giving her a kiss. "Goodnight darling."

"Goodnight James."

- - -

The first few hours of Sandra's slumber was going well, she was quietly sleeping.

Meanwhile, Bucky went down to the kitchen area and got himself a bite to eat. Everyone was sat in there eating whatever it was possible to get their hands on.

"Stark your rich, get some food for this kitchen." Natasha complained, eating a bag of stale chips. "These are disgusting."

Tony groaned and took another spoonful of ice cream from the tub. "You know, you all get paid. I don't have to be the only one supplying food here."

Steve looked at Tony confused. "I've never seen a paycheck." He said, pulling out the pockets of his pants. "When we're you going to tell us we get paid for this?"

"I did." Tony said, "just now."

Clint groaned and took out his phone, pulling up his bank account. His eyes widened at the number of digits shown. "Holy shit. Tony when did this even get here? I could be living in a mansion with my family right now instead of some farm."

"I like your little farm, Barton." Natasha said, patting Clint's back.

Tony shrugged and passed along the ice cream to Wanda. "It's always been there, you just bought your property before this all started." He said, "I recommend checking your bank account more often."

Bucky nodded his head and took an apple, taking a bite out of it. "Well me, Steve, and stark can't be the ones going food shopping for a while. Reporters are going to be after us after Sandra made her return." He said.

"Why is Stark included in that?" Sam complained, "are we forgetting I literally flew away with her right after she did that?"

Tony sighed. "Sandra was extremely close with my father, meaning that when I was growing up she was around sometimes. They'll question me on why I never spoke out about her being alive." He said. "Now I think I've eaten way too much ice cream. No one disturb my sleep alright."

Everyone nodded and watched Tony walk away to his room. "Goodnight princess!" Sam called out to Tony with a smirk, knowing Tony already didn't like him enough.

"Watch it bird brain or I'll send you back to Washington." Tony called back, holding his middle fingers up at sam.

Bucky smirked. "Please do."