34

Fury and Maria Hill had left with the bodies of the hydra guys, leaving the avengers to go on with their day. Since they were surrounded by the press outside of the compound, there wasn't exactly a place to go.

"Let me see where you got stomped." Bucky said, finding Sandra staring at herself in the mirror.

Sandra shook her head, not moving her focus from the mirror. "I'm totally fine." She said, seeing Bucky come into view of the mirror. "It wasn't too hard."

Bucky stood behind Sandra, putting his arms around her waist and his head against hers. "That man was easily 230lbs, mostly muscle. And are you forgetting that you couldn't breathe?" He pointed out.

Sandra turned and faced Bucky, putting her hands on his shoulders. "I'm ok." She said, looking into his eyes. "It was just a scare for everyone, I'll survive."

Bucky smiled and nodded his head, leaning down and giving her a kiss. "Come on, I have an idea." He said, leading her to his room.

When they got in there, they both sat on Bucky's bed cuddled close. Sandra sat with one of Bucky's blankets wrapped around her shoulders as he pulled out his laptop.

"What are you doing?" She asked, watching him open the laptop and go into the search tab. "What's a Zillow?"

Bucky smirked, putting the laptop so it was easy for both of them to see. "It's this house thing Steve told me about." He said. "Let's just say, I didn't plan on staying here for this long. I wanted to just move out."

Sandra smiled and watched Bucky click through the site. "Well if this is your way of telling me that your leaving, I'm damn well coming with you." She said, grabbing his chin. "Your not allowed to leave me here, I wouldn't survive."

Bucky smiled and nodded his head. "Of course I want you to come with me. What would I do without you?" He said, kissing her cheek and showing her their options. "Tony just informed us of paychecks, and there's a lot of zeros."

Sandra looked at Bucky for a moment in shock, then smiled. "Your money, you pick the house." She said, pulling the blanket around her tighter and resting her head on Bucky's shoulder. "I could live in a bush if I had to, but the old me would've been way more excited for this."

Bucky frowned a little bit and kissed the top of Sandra's head. "Well as long as I have the beautiful Kassandra Rogers by my side, I think I'll survive." He said, softly smiling at Sandra.

He could see she was smiling too as her eyes slowly shut. "I'm going to take a nap." Sandra whispered, relaxing her body and allowing the tiredness to take over.

- - -

"They still want something from her." Natasha said as she sat with the others in the living room. "They came here to take her, why did they come when the place is surrounded by the press?"

Steve sighed. "They wanted to look like the good guys, taking the biggest case of the century into their own hands and ending it." He said, pointing to the chopper that still sat on the lawn. "Nothing is going to stop them and we all know it. I don't think she could ever live a normal life again... and it sucks."

Wanda smirked, standing up from the couch and going to the window. "I can get them out of here for a bit, but you guys have to trust me." She said, pointing out to the crowd.

"How?"

"Manipulation." Wanda said, "like how I did to you guys when we met, except this won't traumatize them."

Tony crossed his arms and nodded. "Do your thing, and don't break anything. I already have to get this window fixed." He said, pointing behind him to the window and standing up. "Now, to find a window guy who won't try to kill us."

Wanda stood by the opposite window, holding her hand out to connect with the people more. "I just have to-" she began, using a lot of force to move the people. "-use a bit more energy and.. boom, they're gone." She said, taking a few breaths and pointing to the now empty area.

Steve nodded, proud that Wanda could do that. "Good job kid." He said, handing her a water. "But I've gotta go talk to Sandy and Buck."

Sam smirked. "Don't just walk in, they might be-"

"Don't finish that." Steve stopped him. "That's my sister and my best friend, man."

- - -

Steve stood at Bucky's door after finding Sandra's room empty, gently knocking. "Buck? San?" He asked.

"It's open." Bucky said quietly.

When he came in, Steve saw Sandra completely asleep and Bucky on the laptop. "Didn't she just wake up before?" Steve laughed, crossing his arms.

Bucky nodded. "Yeah, but your sister never passes up a nap." He smiled, fixing her blanket. "But I think she might've felt shitty after before."

Steve frowned. "She show you the bruises?"

"Nope. And it doesn't matter if I just looked anyways, she's covered in bruises and scars from over the years. The bruises must've been a side effect to the serum, or else they wouldn't have lasted this long." Bucky said, "I only know this because I had to help her get changed after that lady kidnapped her and shot her."

Steves frown grew larger as he looked over to his sister. "You don't think the bruise is bad and she's just hiding it, do you?" He asked, "because it's not something that's unlikely from her."

"As much as I want to see it, she would murder us if we looked without her permission." Bucky pointed out, turning the computer so Steve could see the screen. "What do you think of this one?"

Steve looked at the screen confused, seeing a nice house listed for sale on the border of Pennsylvania, which was exceptionally nearby. "It's nice. Your going to move out though?"

Bucky nodded. "Everyone knows we have Sandra here, meaning the break ins won't stop." He said, "and I know I can keep her safe by being in a new house, in a new state."

"So your taking sandy too?"

"I mean, yeah. This is our chance to finally live our lives together and have our insanely large family she's always wanted." Bucky said, a smile on his face as he thought about the future. "I just want to be happy. I want her to be happy."

Steve smiled and nodded his head. "I get it. Being here isn't safe for her, but are you sure being out somewhere else alone is safer?" He asked, not trying to put Bucky down but to protect his sister.

Bucky nodded. "We will be ok there, I can get a house without it being available to the public just so no one shows up." He said, "you know I wouldn't out her in harms way. I never have, and I never will."

Steve smirked and nodded his head, looking at his sister who was still asleep. "Just keep me updated on this house thing. My lips are sealed if you don't want anyone to know yet."

"Mine too!" They could hear sam say from the other side of the door. "Sorry, I was curious!"