5

"How was your little talk with Agent Carter?" Fury asked as Steve came back into the room, everyone else busy trying to track down the mystery girls next location.

Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "How did you know I went to see Peggy?"

Fury laughed and pointed to his cell phone. "Captain Rogers, you are aware that these phones have trackers, yes?"

"Right." Steve nodded, realizing what fury meant. "And why were you tracking me? I said I'd be back."

"Because I needed to make sure you weren't running away like your sister." Fury tried to joke.

Instead of laughs, fury got the death stare from Bucky. "Don't." He said, actually scaring fury.

Fury nodded. "Ok ok, bad timing."

Steve sat down and looked at the research everyone was doing, even though he could clearly see that Thor, who must've just shown up, was playing some game. He wasn't surprised though, Thor wasn't very good at paying attention.

Bruce stood up from his seat and stood next to the board, a look of realization on his face. "Guys, look." He said, pointing to the map. "Energy usage has been very higher lately in this area of Siberia, and what else would use that much energy besides the creation of deadly weaponry..."

Bucky looked up at the screen, an almost fearful look on his face. "That's the facility where they kept me." He said, "that's where they kept all of the winter soldiers..."

Natasha looked over to Bucky. "So you think this weapon they have is going to wake them up?" She asked, "because you were already a lot to handle."

"I'm saying, if those soldiers wake up and get their hands on the weapon, we are toast. Especially if it's something sandy made." Bucky said, "so if we want to have a chance at getting that weapon back, we have to go now."

Everyone nodded and agreed to leave, each of them going to get suited up. Everyone made sure to wear extra armor on themselves, just in case of a shower of bullets.

- - -

As each avenger was sat in the quinjet on their way to Siberia, Bucky and Steve sat away from the others to talk.

"Buck, you know she's going to be there, right?" Steve asked Bucky, "what are we supposed to do once we get to her?"

Bucky shrugged his shoulders, leaning back against the seat he was in. "Hopefully she will just come with us, but we both know she won't leave us without saying goodbye again."

"I don't know buck... Peggy said that sandy came to check in and spy on us often, but she never told me why." Steve said, "apparently sandy has kept in touch with Peggy, but I just don't know why she hasn't come to me or you yet."

Bucky sighed. "Sandy always had a reason for the things she did, and I'm sure she will tell us about it."

Steve shook his head. "That's the thing." He said, "Peggy told me that Sandra has really bad trust issues now. Getting information from her is going to be hard."

"But it's us.. you don't think she will trust us?" Bucky asked, "I mean, she used to trust us with her deepest darkest secrets. Why would that change?"

"Because shes lived through countless years of trauma with no one to help her." Steve said, looking at Bucky with a sad expression. "And who knows what could have caused all of this trauma she's faced."

- - -

Arriving to Siberia, the avengers all got out of the quinjet and snuck around the exterior of the facility.

"Straight ahead, looks like an entrance." Natasha said, pointing to the large doors ahead. "They're open, so someone's waiting for us or someone beat us to it."

The sounds of fighting filled everyones ears as they snuck inside of the facility through the open door. The sound only became louder as the avengers snuck down the hallway.

Once they began passing a certain room, Bucky stopped and looked inside. His facial expression was full of fear. "They're loose." He said, "their chambers are empty."

The avengers all made their steps quicker down the hallway, hoping the winter soldiers are still in the facility and not out roaming freely.

Coming to the end of the hallway, the group spotted the mystery girl in the room trying to fight all of the soldiers at once.

For being only one person, she was doing well. Aside from the many wounds, a lot of bruises were also beginning to form and blood was continuously dripping.

"Hey Steven, quit staring and help a sister out, yeah?" The girl said, catching a glimpse of Steve from the corner of her eye, along with Bucky. "You too James."

Steve and Bucky let out a sigh of relief, then joined the mystery girl, who they now were positive was Sandy, in fighting the winter soldiers. Not too long after, the other avengers joined in and helped take down the soldiers.

Sandy didn't say one word to them as she fought, trying to keep her focus on the reason she was there.

Once they were able to get all of the winter soldiers down and dead, they all paused and took a breath.

Unfortunately for them, their break didn't last long as a weapon powered up. "Shit." Sandy said, seeing the large gun like weapon power up and aim right at her. "Everyone get down!" She yelled.

Everyone began to run off, sandy staying exactly where she stood. If she moved, the aim would only follow her. She blamed herself for making target lock a feature on that weapon.

As the weapon began to prepare for fire, sandy saw Steve and Bucky both running back to her as fast as they could.

She didn't even get the chance to thing before one of them lunged at her and the other took the hit.

What shocked her was how the shot bounced off of something and went right back to hit the weapon, completely destroying it.

"Sandy? Sandy look at me." Bucky began to say as Sandra laid on her back taking deep breath's. "Hey, just look at me."

Sandra let her eyes travel up to Bucky's, a small sigh of relief escaping her lips. "You have no idea how much I missed you, buck." She smiled.

"We've both missed you Sandy." He said, looking over to Steve as he stood up after the impact of the shot against his shield had knocked him over.

Carefully, Bucky helped Sandra up off the ground and helped her walk. Steve went over to them and looked at his sister for a second in disbelief. "I just need to be positive." He said, "tel me something only you would know."

A small smirk grew on sandras face as she began to think of what to say. "When you turned 20 and we get to get food from the diner, the waitress gave you a kids menu."

"God I hate you." Steve laughed, taking his sister from Bucky and giving her a hug. "No arguing, your coming with us."

Sandra stopped and looked at Steve. "No, everyone thinks I'm dead." She said, "and I'd like to keep it that way. If word gets out that I'm alive, hydras going to be up my ass again to steal my work."

Bucky shook his head. "They can't steal it if your living with us. The compound is probably the safest spot to be living." He said, watching Steve lift her up.

"We are older so our opinion wins." Steve said, laughing a little bit. "Plus, you need to get those wounds checked out."

Sandy shook her head. "No I don't, they'll be gone by the time we get back." She said.

"So your staying?"

"I never said that."