2

"Nice of you to join us." Fury said as Natasha walked into the meeting room with both of them men. "Sit, you all have a mission."

In the meeting room, all of the avengers were sat around the table looking up at the large screen. An image of a man popped up, along with what looked like a rundown factory in the middle of no where.

"This is former shield agent Tyler Waltz. After shield let him go for smuggling files, he ran off to this factory and began using the files to his advantage." Fury said, already seeming frustrated. "Why didn't one of my guys get the files back is a mystery to me too, so don't ask."

Fury probably saw the look on Tony's face before he said that, knowing that would've been one of Tony's many snarky comments that would happen during the conversation.

"What files did he take?" Steve asked, his arms crossed over his chest as he focused.

"Actually, he went above and beyond." Fury said, "he dug so deep into the files that he was able to find copies of your sisters weaponry, which shield had to stop making after investigators thought her files linked to her disappearance."

Bucky sighed. Of course this was the mission they had to do on the same day he found out what happened to Sandra. Typical.

Tony sighed. "I thought my dad burned those files."

"Nope. He probably burned his copy." Fury said, "but the files are the least of our concern right now. It's the possible damage that could be caused that's concerning."

A photo of Sandra appeared on the screen. She was stood beside a taller man with a sharp jawline and dusty blonde hair. "While we are on the topic of Miss Rogers, this is Brandon Shepard. Once she was announced missing, some of her files were gone too. People suspected that since Brandon was found working with hydra, he had the files." Fury said, pointing to the man in the photo. "Whenever he got his hands on those few files, he didn't hesitate to send them to whoever his boss was."

Steve knew something like this would eventually happen to his sister, although he didn't expect it to happen like this. "Any idea what the files Brandon took were?" He asked, "because she always kept a list of what files she made."

"Well Rogers, your about 70 years late with that information." Fury said. "Again, Mr Shepard isn't our concern right now. Your mission is to find Tyler Waltz and get the stole files back, and hope he didn't build up those weapons by now or else your doomed."

Bucky sat for a second, thinking about what Sandra would share to him about her work. It was normally nothing, just little things like the conversations that would go on.

"Where exactly is that dump?" Tony asked, pointing to the factory. "That place could be anywhere."

Fury groaned, rolling his eye at Tony. "Stark, did you expect it to be a five star place?" He asked. "You'll find this place away from people and housing in Upstate New York. The clock is ticking."

Clint looked at everyone with a blank look. "Fury, your forgetting that we are already in upstate New York."

"Yes, so this shouldn't take you long." Fury said, "he will likely have some sort of backup so be ready. Now, suit up and get out of here."

The avengers all followed instructions, each of them going to get changed into their gear.

- - -

As the quinjet landed, the avengers could see the factory in the near distance, a glowing blue light shining through one of the windows.

"Friday scan the area." Tony said to his suit's personal assistant he installed. After a few seconds to t nodded and looked to the others. "Friday picked up about ten guys and a large power source. They're waiting for us."

Bucky sighed, loading his gun. "God damnit sandy.. you had to make the dangerous weapons." He whispered as he caught a glimpse of the large gun through the window.

Steve nodded to agree with Bucky, also seeing the weapon. "She just had to go the extra level.."

Sneaking into the facility wasn't hard at first, Natasha and Clint both taking out the guards quietly up ahead. "Theres too many of them up here, we have to go full force at them." Natasha said into the earpiece. "Banner, this is a good time to get angry."

Bruce sighed and let the hulk come out, the raging green monster causing a scene and grabbing the guards attention.

Shots began firing at the hulk, but bounced off like it was nothing. Unfortunately for the guards, this only angered the green giant more.

Meanwhile Hulk distracted the few guards, everyone else snuck to the main room of the facility where the weapon was set. The large gun was already aimed at the door, awaiting its signal to fire.

Beside the gun stood a man, who appeared much shorter as he stood next to such a large item. In his hand was a remote control, along with a gun of his own pointing the them.

"Agent waltz.." Steve said, recognizing the agent from the photo Fury had shown them before they left. "You don't have to do this."

The agent lips formed an evil looking smirk as he looked to the few avengers standing there. "Well this is a second attempt at someone trying to take the files so I think it is necessary that I do this."

Natasha raised her gun to the man as well. "No this seriously isn't- wait second attempt?" She said, realizing what the agent had said. "Who was the first attempt?"

The agent shook his head, keeping his gun raised at the group. "None of your concern. The files won't be leaving my possession." He stated, his facial expression staying blank the entire time. "Now I'll give you all five seconds before I press this button to activate attack mode. And trust me, you won't like what that does."

Each avenger stood straight and tall, ready to fight the agent. "We aren't going down without a fight." Bucky said, pointing his gun up.

"Five..." he began to count down.

None of them moved.

"Four..."

"Three..."

"Two..."

Steve held his shield up to block any sort of ammunition that would shoot out of the weapon, knowing this was going to end badly for them if they didn't do something quick.

"One..." the agent finished, a smirk plastering onto his face. "Alright avengers, I guess this is your final moments. You can thank Miss Rogers for the weaponry that-"

Before he was given the chance to finish, a bullet went right through the glass of the window and through Waltz's head. The avengers watched as the man dropped to the ground.

Instead of checking on the agent, everyone ran to the window to see who had shot.

In the distance, up on a hill, a girl stood. Her hair was about shoulders length and her clothing was filthy. Her face wasn't identifiable, especially when she realized she was spotted.

The girl ran as if she didn't want to be seen, her sniper slung onto her back as she went.

"Any idea who that was?" Nat asked, "because there's no way she would be working for him."

Everyone shook their heads. "No." Steve said, "let's find these files and get out of here. Nat, you go calm down banner so he doesn't kill us on the quinjet."

Everyone split up to find the files they needed, steve and Bucky looking together.

"Steve." Bucky said as they searched through a set of filing cabinets. "Don't tell me you didn't find her at all similar to-"

Steve paused and looked over to Bucky. "Seriously buck, don't give me any more hope than I have." He said, "of course my first thought was her, but it's just not possible. It's probably just some crazy homeless girl."

"You watched me die, Steve." Bucky said, "I'm still here. We didn't see sandy die. No one did."

Steve shook his head. "So you think she figured out a way to stay alive all these years?"

Bucky nodded. "She was always a smart girl, Steve." He said, "any problem she had was solved in an instant. Who says this is any different."