48

During the next three days, Sandra and Bucky had simply been admiring their new baby girl. She was very good, hardly ever crying during the night or day.

The doctors had run some tests on Gracie just to be sure everything was ok, but then ended finding a code in her blood. After taking some of both Bucky and Sandras blood, the doctor pointed out that Gracie had a strand of super soldier serum in her. Which version of the serum was unknown.

But since it had been three days, Sandra and Bucky were finally allowed to leave and brings baby Gracie home.

"Best of luck on your baby girl Mr and Mrs Barnes." The lady who checked them out said, looking at the new parents.

Bucky gave a nod, thanking the lady before pushing the wheelchair Sandra sat in with Gracie. "Your going to love your new home." Sandra whispered to Gracie. "Mommy and Daddy already love you to pieces."

Bucky laughed and stopped the wheelchair beside his car, which had Steve in the drivers seat. "Let me put Gracie in her seat." Bucky said, carefully putting Gracie in her car seat and buckling her in. "Are you able to walk?" He asked Sandra, watching her struggle a little bit.

"Ye- no. Well I can but I'm still sore so it's hard." Sandra said, allowing Bucky to help her to the opposite side of the car. "You try pushing a whole child out of your body and then let me know if you could walk."

Bucky sighed, kissing her cheek and shutting the door so he could go to the passengers side. "Well you did great Sandy." He said, "now we just have to see how much of an interior designer Tony is with this nursery he won't stop talking about."

Steve smiled and began to drive away towards the compound, nodding his head at Bucky. "It's actually really nice." He said, "I showed him a picture of the old one so he had an idea of what you wanted, and I think you'll really love it."

"Oh I'm the least of your worries when it comes to baby rooms." Bucky said, laughing a little bit. "Your sister however..."

"You know I can hear you two up there, right?" Sandra said from the back seat, in the middle of making funny faces at Gracie. "And right now I can't complain, you guys are doing so much for us right now and we haven't been able to pay you back."

Steve shrugged, turning to face his sister as they got to a red light. "I technically haven't done much besides building my name as the cool uncle." He said, a smirk on his face.

Sandra laughed and shook her head. "The cool uncle? Steve, Peter showed me these videos of you that they show at his school." She said, still laughing. "Nothing about that is cool."

"I needed the extra cash!"

- - -

"There she is, my favorite Rogers sibling." Tony said as they got into the compound, Bucky carrying the baby seat with Gracie in it.

Sandra laughed, continuing to walk around in the general area. "I'm usually the favorite." She smirked.

Steve raised his eyebrow. "Why are you walking still? Just sit and relax." He said.

"If i stop, I won't be able to start again." Sandra said, "I think I just had to stretch my legs or something."

Bucky shook his head, taking Gracie out of her seat and holding her. "So, interior designer Tony, let's see this new nursery." He said.

Gracie leaned comfortably against Bucky's chest. Her little head rested just below his shoulder while she clung onto his shirt.

"I put it all in Dusty's old room since you two are obviously sharing one now." Tony said, pointing down the hall. "You two go in there, we will be here."

Sandra squinted her eyes at Tony, but continued to follow the hallway that lead to her old room. "Look at my baby girl all snuggly with her daddy." She whispered to Gracie as they stopped in front of the room. "She's been in this world for barely a week and she's already a daddy's girl."

Bucky smiled, kissing Gracie's little forehead, then Sandra's lips. "Well, after you my wife." He smirked, watching Sandra reach for the door knob.

As the door was slowly opened, Sandra and Bucky looked around the totally redesigned bedroom. It was very modern, but had the little details of how the old nursery used to be.

Sandra was overwhelmed with joy as she looked around. "It's adorable." She said, spotting what she knew would be her favorite part of the room.

Above Gracie's crib, there was a decently sized neon light on the wall that said "Gracie Jane" in following hot pink letters.

"It's perfect." Sandra said as Bucky wrapped his arm around her, holding Gracie with the other.

Bucky smiled, kissing the top of her head. "It is, isn't it." He said softly, not wanting to wake Gracie. "Everything is perfect."

Sandra sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah well not everything." She said, sitting in the rocking chair that was in the room. "Our house was destroyed and our location was somehow found."

Bucky frowned, placing Gracie down in her crib and making his way towards Sandra. "I know this whole thing sucks right now, but there's no one in this room that can't handle the conflict," he said, kissing her cheek. "We cant rebuild there, it's too risky. There's plenty of land plots around here we could rebuild on, or we could use the money to just get a new house."

Sandra shrugged. "Buck what if they're after me again. Before, I had nothing to lose. Now, I could lose everything.. I cant let that happen." She said, freaking out a little bit.

"And it won't." Steve said from the doorway. "Sandy, if you think that Bucky and I would ever lead you closer to danger, your out of your mind. Especially with Gracie in the picture now, nobody is going to be able to get near you two. We will make sure if it."

Sandra shook her head again, running her hand through her hair. "But they found us once, who says they won't do it again?!" She panicked. "I-I wouldn't be able to live with myself if we got attacked and something happened to Gracie."

All of the speaking and panicking going on must've upset Gracie, the baby beginning to cry. "I've got-" Sandra began to say, Bucky cutting her off.

"No, you just relax." He said. "How about you just go take a hot shower and get into something comfortable, we can just relax for the day."

Sandra sighed, but nodded her head. "Ok. Ok yeah, I-I'll do that." She said, standing up from the chair and leaving the room.