8

Bucky laid in his own bedroom, staring up at the ceiling as he made an attempt to fall asleep. It was hard, too much was on his mind. He could've been a father and had his own little family with the love of his life.

Although things were starting to feel right again, something still hasn't clicked in yet. It felt like there was more to the story than what he was told.

But to him, none of that really mattered at the moment. He had his Sandy back. Sure, it's going to take time for them to get used to each other again, but they have to start somewhere.

"Buck?" Steve asked, knocking on the bedroom door to grab Bucky's attention. "Can I talk to you?"

Bucky nodded and sat up, sitting on the edge of the bed. "What's up Steve?"

Steve sighed, sitting down next to Bucky. "I was talking to Sandra before." He began, "I uh- I saw the letter."

"Oh." Bucky frowned, "look if your mad at us I-"

"No wait." Steve said, cutting Bucky off. "I'm not mad. You two love each other, and that's ok. I think whatever happened the night she got those letters is tearing her apart."

Bucky sighed, looking down to his feet. "Why wouldn't it tear her apart. She has always found a reason to tear herself down, but they were always stupid ones." He said, looking up and crossing his arms.

"I know.. but I need you to try and talk to her about it more. I tried to but she's holding back." Steve said. "Plus, that's not exactly a conversation that she would want to have with me."

Bucky laughed a little bit and nodded his head. "I'll talk to her in the morning before she goes. It's late and I'm exhausted."

- - -

During the night, Bucky laid in his bed asleep as another nightmare of his took over his dreams. They were usually about sandy or Steve, most of the time about hydra.

The Assassinations that he would get sent to complete were always brutal. It was always one shot and they were gone, and it'd hit the same spot every time.

Then if it didn't hit there, he would have to go finish the job by hand. It was a terrible thing that he wish would just leave us memory forever.

Although he was stuck in his nightmare, the sounds or someone speaking broke him out of it. He sat up quickly, looking around to see where the sound was coming from.

To his surprise, no one was in the room with him. The speaking continued, the female voice sounding scared.

"Don't touch me. Brandon stop." The voice said in a mumble, but loud enough to hear. "I don't want to. Stop. Stop. Stop."

Bucky stood up, following the voice to where it was coming from, only to find out it was Sandra. The girl was laid on the bed in a cold sweat, tossing and turning around. Her eyebrows were furrowed and a look of fear was plastered on her face.

Bucky was careful as he knelt down beside her, gently shaking her arm. "Sandy, sandy wake up." He whispered. "It's just a dream Sandy."

Oh he sure woke her up alright. Since he was sat so close to her, she got scared and reached up, punching his cheek.

"Sandy it's me!" He whisper yelled, trying not to wake anyone up. "Relax. It's alright."

Bucky made sure to be careful as he put his arms around her, pulling her in for a hug. "Shh, it's alright." He whispered, holding the back of her head. "Nothing happened, no one I'd here."

"Bu- but-"

"Lay down sandy, get some rest." Bucky said, "I promise you, your safe here."

Sandra nodded her head, getting control of her breathing. "Stay." She said, "you don't have to if you don't want to... but I just-"

Bucky didn't speak. Instead, he gave a small head nod and laid beside Sandra. At first he was trying not to be too close, not knowing how she felt about any of this.

He was surprised when Sandra rolled over and wrapped her arms around him. She was scared and Bucky could tell. Something was on her mind.

"Want to talk about it?" Bucky asked in a whisper, gently rubbing her back. "Whenever I get a nightmare Steve usually comes in and asks me that. I usually say no but it's nice to know someone cares."

Sandy nodded her head, agreeing with Bucky. "As much as I do want to talk about it-" she began, stopping as she froze in place.

"Sand?" Bucky asked, shaking her a little bit.

Unfreezing, Sandra took a bunch of quick breaths. "They're coming. I cant stay here any longer." She said, trying to jump out of the bed. "If they find me in dead."

Bucky grabbed a hold of her and looked confused. "Who's coming? And what the hell just happened?" He asked, putting his hands on her cheeks

Sandra sighed. "Remember when I said there was side effects ti the serum? Well seeing incoming danger is one of them." She said, "and I freeze when I see it. I saw hydra, Bucky. They've wanted me dead for years now."

Bucky frowned and nodded his head. "Go wake Steve. We aren't letting you just go out there alone when hydras nearby looking for you." He said, his hands on both her arms.

Sandy nodded, feeling her watch buzz. She opened the new message on a hologram to see better.

Unknown:
We know where you are. See you soon.

"I have to go, now." Sandy said, grabbing the backpack full of supplies she had. "Ill be back eventually."

"Sandy wait." Bucky said, grabbing a hold of her as she quickly walked down the hallway.

She sighed and looked up at him. "What, buck. I don't have much time." She said.

"Be safe, and come back as soon as possible." Bucky said, smiling and giving her a quick kiss. "We still need to figure out what we are. And, if I don't get some form of message that your alive in exactly five hours, I'm coming out to find you."

Sandy smiled. "Alright sergeant." She said, "if you think I'm in trouble, go to Stark and tell him then say I said to visit the flying car."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"He'll know." She said continuing her way to the back exit. "Till we meet again." She said, looking back once more before running out.