45

[time skip: 6 months later]

By the time six months had passed, Sandras belly was huge from the baby growing. After a few visits to the doctors, they were finally able to know that they would be having a baby girl too.

Sandra was extremely excited. She always dreamed of having a little girl, dozens of names already listed down as possible contenders. But, her and Bucky fell in love with the name Gracie Jane. It had the 40's ring to it, and it was adorable.

On top of the baby news, Sandra and Bucky got married. Sure, it all happened within the span of three days after Bucky proposed, but it was perfect. It was too dangerous for them to have a big wedding anyways, knowing someone could've snuck in and hurt Sandra or the baby.

Despite the good news surrounding both Sandra and Bucky, Tony and Pepper unfortunately had a miscarriage with their baby. Tony had called Sandra to tell her just a few days after she told everyone she was pregnant, mentioning how he would've told her that day but she was too happy.

But now as Sandra and Bucky laid on the living room couch watching the hgtv channel, Sandra couldn't help but feel so lucky. Lucky that she has what she does now.

"Hey buck?" She asked, sitting up straight and looking at Bucky.

Bucky sat up too, lowering the volume of the tv. "Yes doll?" He asked.

Sandra sighed, putting her hand onto her stomach. "I'll be a good mom to Gracie, right?" She asked, this obviously being something she was stressed about. "And be honest."

Bucky smiled, sitting closer to Sandra and giving her a kiss. "Your going to be the best mama to baby Gracie." He said, now leaning his head down to her stomach. "Hear that Gracie, your mama is the coolest girl out there." He whispered, putting his hand on her stomach.

Sandra smiled, watching Bucky sit back up and look at her. "We have to be ready, baby Gracie might pop out this week." She said, running her hand through Bucky's hair.

Bucky laughed, kissing her cheek. "I hope she makes her entrance soon, I'm tired of waiting." He joked, his hand still on her stomach.

The smiles on both of their faces remained, until they heard a strange sound. "What's that noise?" Sandra asked, muting the tv completely to see if it was just that.

Bucky got serious, standing from the couch and looking around. "I don't see any-" he paused, stopping at the window as he stared at something. "Sandy call Steve right now, tell him to get everyone and come here immediately."

Sandra started to get nervous. "W-what? Why? Buck who's out there..?" She panicked, her voice being very shaky too.

"Just call." Bucky said.

Giving him a nod, Sandra slipped out her phone and called Steve.

"Sand its almost midnight-"

"Come here." Sandra said, her voice laced with fear. "C-come here and bring everyone with you. I think someone is here."

"Where's Bucky? Is he with you?" Steve asked, putting his phone on speaker as he was probably getting ready.

"Y-yeah he's here. I- he told me to call." Sandra said. "Please hurry, he won't tell me what's happening."

"Ok, ok." Steve said. "Friday, send an emergency mission call to the avengers. Location is at sandys house." He spoke to Friday. "Ok Sandra, I'm going to go wake nat, hang tight and stay safe." He said, hanging up the phone.

The sound of a chainsaw filled sandras ears as she stared at Bucky with fear and tears in her eyes. "B-Bucky we have to get out of here." She said, latching onto him.

Bucky nodded. "I know doll, but I don't know if the person down there is armed." He said, peeking out the window every so often.

"Here." Sandra said, lifting the couch cushion and unzipping the base to take out a gun. "It's my emergency gun." She said.

Bucky took it, ignoring the fact that there's probably more guns hidden around the house, and began to move to the exit. "Stay behind me." He said as they began to go down the front stairs.

Lucky for them, the person who was there was too busy cutting the tree trunks that held their house up to notice them.

Quickly, Bucky ran Sandra to a bigger rock and sat her down. "Stay here, ok? I don't want you or the baby getting hurt." Bucky said, both of his hands on her face. "I'm going to-"

Bucky was cut off by their house completely collapsing to the ground, him quickly shielding Sandra from any debris. Then, almost immediately after, their house was in flames.

Sandras heart sunk as she felt the heat of the flames and heard the crunching of leaves as someone approached. "B-buck behind you." She whispered.

Immediately, Bucky turned around and began to catch a view of the person, blocking the bullets that were shot at him. "Your going to regret coming here." Bucky said, shooting at the person as well.

As that went on, three black vans came speeding over, soldiers piling out from them and beginning to charge towards where Bucky stood.

Sandra watched Bucky fighting, praying that the others would get there soon and that these contractions she was getting would stop. She was actually so busy worrying herself, she didn't even notice the red white and blue shield flying around and hitting the soldiers.

"Sandra are-" Tony began to say as he knelt down next to Sandra, only to get punched in the face. "That's not exactly how you greet someone who's here to save you."

Sandra noticed it was Tony and let out a sigh. "Ton, I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone trying to kill me." She said, taking quick breaths.

Tony nodded, helping Sandra up. "We have to get you to the hospital." He said.

Sandra stopped walking, squeezing her eyes shut as she had another contraction.

"You alright?" Tony asked, shielding her from the enemy's view.

"I need to get to the hospital." She said, holding her stomach. "I don't think baby G is waiting any longer."

Tony's eyes went wide, him picking up Sandra and activating his flight jets. "Alright I've got dusty with me. Barnes you might want to wrap this up soon or else you'll miss your child being born." Tony said into comms as he flew off with Sandra.

"What?!" Bucky said as him and the others fought the soldiers.

Tony nodded. "Look, you've got time, but not a lot." He said, looking down at Sandra quickly. "How you holding up sand?"

"Don't even, Tony." She complained, coughing from whatever smoke she had inhaled from the fire. "I'm doing great, obviously."

"We've got the last van load to take care of, then we will be there." Steve said. "Never mind, Wanda just mind controlled them into burning themselves to death in the house fire."

"Well I speak for everyone here when I say we all want to get out of here and to Sandra." Wanda said. "It's baby day."