50

Although Sandra did feel totally exhausted from the car ride to the compound, she still couldn't manage to sleep a full night. It was felt nice for her to sleep those few hours, but as the clock struck 5am, she was wide awake.

Not wanting to wake up Bucky or anyone else in the compound, she used her stealthy skills and snuck her way to the training room. Of course she also changed into something more comfortable to train in too.

She was happy to be back in there after so much time away from an area like it. The equipment everywhere to use and cushioned floors were great.

"What are you doing up?" A voice called as Sandra stepped onto the treadmill. Startled, she looked over to see it was only Steve. "This is very unlike you."

Sandra shrugged, holding her chest after being scared. "Maybe knock next time you ass." She said, stepping off the treadmill. "What? I'm not allowed to get a quick workout in?"

Steve shook his head, coming into the training room and closing the door. "Nope, you've never once shown interest in anything like this so you have to be more specific to why your in here." He said, "and why run on the treadmill when you could just come with me out on a run. I'll even run slower so you can keep up."

"Steven, I may be a mother now but you know damn well I could out run you. It's not hard." Sandra said, crossing her arms. "So bring it on you ancient fossil."

"Your old too you know." Steve laughed, nudging her arm as they both walked out of the training room. "Now get ready to lose little sister."

Sandra smirked and followed Steve out of the compound, down to the trails he usually ran. "So what's the track?" She asked, "am I just following this all the way and it leads me back or..?"

Steve nodded. "This leads to the back of the compound, just a longer way." He said. "Last one back is making breakfast."

And with that, the Rogers siblings both began running. Sandra had definitely underestimated Steve's speed, seeing as he was way ahead of her already. "You ass!" She shouted up to him.

"Told you I'm good!" He shouted back, laughing at her frustration.

Sandra ran as fast as she could for it being so early, which wasn't too fast but a good speed.

Behind her, she could hear the leaves cracking and sticks breaking as footsteps followed. "Steve how the hell did you-" she began, turning her head the slightest bit to see who she thought was Steve.

But, it was in fact not Steve.

Instead, the woman who had kidnapped her just a few years ago stood there. "Miss Rogers, you didn't think I'd forget about you.. did you?" She said, holding a gun up to her head.

Sandra froze in shock for a second. "This is impossible, your supposed to be dead." She said, seeing she looked exactly the same as last time they met. But, Sandra knew if she just kept speaking, the woman would kill her. "I guess I could make that happen now."

In just a second, Sandra raised her leg and kicked the gun from the woman's hands to the side and began to fight her.

Their fight moved with each hit, ending up completely off the trail and into the woods more. "God dammit Steve, why do you run so fast." Sandra groaned to herself as she took a hit from the woman.

"It's just me and you here. No one to save you." The woman said, gaining the upper hand and restraining Sandra, holding her over a steep hill that was nearby. "And I'd like to change the amount of people present here to one."

Quick footsteps approached as the woman jerked her head around, looking to see who could possibly be coming. "One more step and I let go!" She said, loud enough for whoever was approaching to stop. "Oh who am I kidding." She continued, letting go of Sandra so she helplessly rolled down the hill.

"STEVE!" Sandra yelled, hoping that he was the person who had been approaching.

Meanwhile, at the top of the hill where the woman stood, Steve came running over. He grew angry, fighting the woman until she was knocked out cold on the ground. Usually Steve avoided hitting a girl, but when it came to his sister he was reckless.

"Sandy?!" He called out, seeing she was struggling to sit up at the bottom of the hill. "Sandy! I'll be down there in just a second! I promise!"

Sandra nodded, crawling over to a nearby tree and using it to help her stand up straight.

Once Steve was able to get down to her, he looked her up and down for any signs of injury. "God dammit Sandra." He said, seeing a blood stain on her side. "any idea what cut you?"

"I rolled over a branch, I'll be fine though." she said, "we have to get back before Bucky wakes up and realizes I'm gone."

Steve nodded, turning his back to Sandra. "I'll give you a piggyback ride to the compound, but you've gotta hold on." He said, feeling Sandra jump onto his back. "I liked it better when I didn't have to do this though."

Sandra smirked. "But your too stubborn to let me walk on my own so what else do you want me to do." She said, holding herself on Steve's back. "Now, use that super soldier strength and just carry me without complaining please." She laughed.

Steve sighed, but then nodded his head. "Only because this is because I'm the faster sibling and left you behind." He said, a small grin forming on his face.

"Oh I'm sorry, did someone attack you mid run? Right, didn't think so." Sandra scoffed, lightly hitting the back of his head. "God, Bucky's going to freak when he figures this out."

"Figures it out? Your not going to tell him?"

Sandra laughed a little bit. "Are you insane? If I told Bucky, he would come back here just to kill the woman. Then, he would quarantine me in the house until he knows we are safe." She said, shaking her head. "Then, he would make me not do anything to help around the house, which I wouldn't mind the break but two kids are a lot of work for one person."

Steve sighed. "He just wants you safe."

"Yeah." Sandra sighed, putting her head on Steve's shoulder as they got up the hill. "I know."