1

Bucky and Steve stood in the Smithsonian museum, reminiscing on their old memories from their time in war. The main reason they were actually there was to help Bucky regain more or his memories after his time with hydra.

"Bucky was epic for her. They were the great love story." Peggy's voice sounded, catching the attention of both men. "I mean, that girls heart beat for Bucky Barnes."

It was as if a key turned in Bucky's brain, unlocking every single memory all at once. It was shocking to see Peggy was the one to cause this considering they weren't too close.

"It's- it never occurred to me that she would ever be with anyone else." Peggy continued speaking. "He was perfect. He was everything I mean- that man turned her world."

Bucky looked over to Steve after Peggy's voice cut off, knowing exactly who the woman was speaking about. "Steve what's she talking about?" He asked.

Steve frowned, trying to think of the right words to explain everything to Bucky, even though there was already a plaque about Sandra in the museum that could tel him everything. Hearing it from Steve would ease the pain for Bucky a little easier. "After we both died.. Sandra tried to move on." He said, his frown only growing. "The guy she was seeing was an undercover hydra agent."

"Oh my god.." Bucky sighed, feeing his heart sink to his stomach. "How did she find out..?" He hesitantly asked.

There was a silence between the two for a few seconds, Bucky becoming impatient as his question went unanswered. "Steve.. how did she find out?!" He asked again.

Steve looked down to his feet, then over to Bucky once again. Talking about his sister wasn't exactly the most fun thing to do after he found out what happened. "Buck..." he hesitated. "He killed her the second she realized who he was working with."

"What..." Bucky said, doing everything he could to keep himself from causing a scene in front of the visitors in the museum. "Steve tell me your lying.. you have to be lying..."

Steve shook his head, beginning to walk off to the other side of the exhibit. As Bucky followed, they both stopped in front of a glass plaque much like the others, except this one showed an image of a girl in color.

Her brown hair was sat neatly and evenly on her shoulders while a pair of lab goggles were on top of her head along with a bright smile. Next to the image was a large blurb of writing.

Sandra "sandy" Rogers

Sister to Steve Rogers and Life long friend to Sergeant Bucky Barnes, Sandra Rogers was a bright light on campus. With her contributions to the super soldier serum program and creation of mass weaponry for the United States soldiers, Sandra was almost at the same level of intelligence as Howard Stark. "Coming to help the troops was not only a choice, but a privilege" Sandra said during an interview with New York Times. Unfortunately, just a year and a half later, Sandra Rogers was reported to be missing after her then boyfriend Brandon Shepard was reportedly out of town, when he was then caught working with hydra. Young Sandra was then announced dead months later although no body was discovered, and Brandon was sent off to prison. Close friends Peggy Carter and Howard Stark didn't stop the search for Sandra, the two likely being spotted looking for their friend with no luck.

Sandra Rogers: 1921-1946 (25 years old)

Once Bucky's brain finished processing that information, he couldn't handle being in that building any longer. His emotions were getting the best of him as he made his way outside, Steve following close behind.

"Buck-"

"She could be alive." Bucky said, "you and I both know damn well that girl isn't going down without a fight."

Steve shook his head, the two of them sitting on a bench outside. "Buck, it's been almost 70 years. If she's alive, which she's probably not, she's going to be around 95." He said, "trust me, if I had any idea if she was alive or not... we wouldn't be sitting here talking about it, we would be out there trying to find her."

The two sat in silence again.

Bucky's mind was going everywhere. His only thoughts being how it was partially his fault for this happening since he fell off that train, and how much he really did miss Sandra.

She was his one and only true love he ever had. It was like a forbidden love at first. Steve was very watchful of his sister and didn't want anyone to ever get the chance to break her heart, especially Bucky.

Since Bucky was known to be a major flirt back then, Steve knew Sandra would fall for him just like every other girl did. There was something about Bucky Barnes that always caught the ladies eyes.

Steve was totally against the idea of his best friend dating his little sister in the beginning, but he saw how respectful Bucky actually was to her.

The sound of a car pulling up grasped the two men out of their thoughts. "Alright you two fossils, Get in." Natasha said as she stopped her car in front if them. "Fury requested everyone to be back for this one."

"What is it?" Steve asked as he sat in the passengers seat, Bucky sitting in the back.

"No idea."

A/N:
After many requests.. it's here!!
Inspired by a pov I made, I present to you... MISSING.

Also!! The photo I added up top is my reference to Sandra!!