22

The next couple of days were slow around the avengers compound. Bucky and Steve weren't really around since they had agreed to scope out possible blueprint locations, which were also likely hydra bases.

And Sandra, she had to stay in the guest room where she had been since she arrived. Too many government officials were in and out of the building after the hulks outburst, and the slightest sighting of Sandra on a security camera.

When she first heard of this, Sandra thought that Peter kid had snitched on her so she yelled at Tony, but it turned out the kid was totally loyal to the avengers and never reveals anything about his avenger identity.

Sandra sat on her bed with her backpack she carried around, looking at an unfolded map that laid in front of her. Red dots showed every hydra base she knew of, while blue ones represented the last known locations of her blueprints.

Next to her, Sandra had her notebook opened up that had listed each blueprint she ever created, stars drawn beside each one that had gone missing.

The book shouldn't even be in tact anymore after all it's been through. She's had it since she was a kid, her first blueprint written down being a wooden wagon she had built when she was seven that she called "hot-rod". Bucky and Steve both helped her build it since her mother didn't want her to use tools that young.

She always had a gift of creating things, but she wasn't gifted at keeping them safe apparently. In her defense, most of the ones that went missing were the ones being "watched over" by SHIELD.

"What's all this?" Tony asked as he came in the room, shutting the door behind him.

Sandra jumped as Tony pulled her from her thoughts, glaring at the man. "Jesus Tony, you Stark's are terrible at knocking." She said, closing her notebook before he could see anything else inside.

Tony shrugged. "Well I did knock about five times but you didn't answer." He said, looking down at Sandra's map. "What's with all the dots? You plotting a revenge tour without me?"

Sandra groaned, putting her hair into a small ponytail. "I've been on a revenge tour for seventy years. But somehow these are the only places where I have had luck." She said, "red dots are hydra, blue are last known locations of my blueprint files."

Tony nodded, scanning the map. "You've done a lot of work." He said, nodding in approval. "But what about the ancient notebook? What's in there, because I know it's not some diary. My dad said you never kept one if those."

"That's right. I knew carrying one was only going to drag me down." Sandra said, glancing over at the notebook. "It's a list of every blueprint I've ever made. I use it to keep track."

Tony groaned. "Dammit, your brother wasn't lying then. I was almost positive he was."

Sandra furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms, looking up at Tony. "What do you mean he wasn't lying? He told you about the notebook?" She asked, not showing exactly how she felt about it yet.

"Steve and I were talking about your blueprints and whatever and he said you always kept a list to keep organized." Tony said, motioning to the notebook.

Sandra nodded, not being as mad about it like she thought she would be.  Instead, she was relieved that Steve remembered a little thing like that. "So why exactly are you in here, because I know you can't see in here to know what I'm doing." She said, looking up at Tony.

"Just checking in. Making sure you didn't try to escape or anything." He said, "but I actually did need to talk to you. I got a call from the nursing home."

Sandra looked at Tony concerned, knowing that only one person they both knew was in a nursing home.

Tony noticed her concern and frowned a little bit. "They said Aunt Pegs not doing too well, so if any visitors wanted to come by it should be soon." He said, keeping a straight face.

"I've gotta go there.." Sandra said, filing up her map and stuffing it, along with her notebook, back into her backpack.

Tony shook his head. "Whoa whoa, this place is still full of government people. They'll see you and cause a scene." He said, trying to stop her.

Sandra smirked and reached into her bag, pulling out a black watch and putting it around her wrist. "No they won't." She said, pressing a few buttons and turning herself to be completely invisible. "I can get out of here easily, then get back in easily. No big deal."

Tony looked around, following Sandra's voice. "You've gotta teach me how to make one of those." He said, smiling about the technology. "And tell peg I said hi."

"Gosh, yo ur just like your father. Always needing my smarts." Sandra joked, quieting down as she left the room.

Almost immediately, Sandra could see the dozens of businessmen as she entered the main area of the compound, talking and doing whatever a businessman would do.

"If that woman wasn't Sandra Rogers, then we need to figure out who it was before anything more happens." One man said to another, catching Sandra's attention.

The other man nodded to agree. "Yes, and if it was Miss Rogers, nothing could fix the damage done! With the files stolen over the years-"

Sandra got bored of their conversation, walking away and out of the compound doors once no one was paying attention her way so she could see Peggy one more time.

She knew that by the time she returned, Steve and Bucky would be back. Steve was going to be heartbroken over the news, but he was a strong guy.

The Rogers family was a strong family.