"So I see you have a new tattoo? When did you get it?" She asked in a monotone. At least she didn't seem upset by it.

"When I hurt my ankle, actually Harry and Zayn dared me too get it but I was thinking about getting another one at the time so I did it. Do you like it?" I replied as I shifted my head to look up at her. She smiled.

"Yeah I do, can you tell me what it means though?"

"It was something that Niall would mumble under his breath every now and then. He said it was a song they were writing. I loved it and thought it was the perfect idea for a tattoo." 

She agreed quietly and started playing with my hair again. She would always do this to get me to calm down or even when I wouldn't go to sleep.  After about fifteen minutes of her playing with my hair I started drifting off to sleep.

"Courtney, darling, you might want to go upstairs and sleep." I heard her.

"No, can't I stay with you tonight? Kind of like when I was little?" I mumbled. She chuckled and agreed.

"As long as you walk to my room."

"Okay."

Very slowly, I got up and trudged my way into her room behind her. I felt like a little kid sleeping with my mom, but I've missed the hell out of her and it felt like home being with her. I climbed into her soft bed and pulled her duvet up to my chin.

"Goodnight sweetie." She whispered to me, a smile to her voice.

"Night mommy, love you." I barely said.

"Love you too." I heard before I went to sleep.

Niall

I awoke the next morning, well afternoon, with the bright sun hanging high in the sky. I groaned and rolled out of bed before I changed into some sweats and a shirt.  I walked down stairs to see everyone already up and watching the television.  They all mumbled a 'hi' before turning their attention back to whatever show they were watching.

My mom was in the kitchen when I came through to grab me some breakfast.

"Good morning, honey." My mom said. I grinned at her because she was making me some eggs and toast. I pecked her check with a kiss and gladly took the food to the table to eat. Once I finished I walked into the living room to see what everyone else was doing.

"So, how long have you all been up?" I asked.

"Since around ten, it's been pretty quiet though."  Liam replied as he got up and went into the kitchen. I nodded my head and went after Liam.

"Liam, I'll be back in a little bit okay?"

"Yeah, go get your girlfriend up." He said with a smile. I laughed because it was probably true, it was like one in the afternoon some days and I would go over to her house and find her dead asleep in bed.

I ran upstairs to put on my shoes and a pair of sun glasses before I walked back down and over to Courtney's house. Once I got to the door I thought if I should knock or not. Being a gentleman I did the right thing and knocked.

It wasn't a second later when Courtney's mom opened the door and laughed.

"Here for my daughter?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep, where is she?"

"She's asleep, like always." I laughed and took my shoes off before walking up to her room. I slowly opened the door to see an empty room. I looked in the closet and bathroom before I walked back down stairs.